Sign in to follow this  
Guest daveg4otu

Question: Ship Placement

Guest jinks

I am a complete beginner in scenery design. I have only managed to repaint textures of airport poster signs and people so far, nothing else...(Bmp or other such graphiucs files).I wonder if anyone in this forum who knows scenery design matters can help me with this question:I have Rich Hogen's Arrestor Cables --aircraft carriers placed in various parts of the FS2002 globe, and I would like to place one of these in Greek waters, off Athens,in the bay there. I have no way of knowing how to do this--but suspect it must be a bgl file, modified somehow, though I may be wrong. Does one need a special program to do this or open bgl files, and if so, is there a freeware one somewhere that would help me move the ship?Further, is there any tutorial you could suggest for me for learning to move scenery items to where one wants them?Any help would be appreciated...

Guest Firestriker

Probably your best bet would be to get either Airport for Windows or FS Scenery Creator and go thru their tutorials to gain a working knowledge of the programs basic procedures and features. Once you have the basics down, experiment with various macros till you get what you want. I believe you will find several macros for naval ships avalible at the various FS file sites, so building a task force off the Greek coast should not be too difficult for a beginner.Lou

Guest jinks

Lou: Many thanks for the information. I shall start off by taking your advice.Nick Tselepides

Guest daveg4otu

Along the same lines as Nick - I have the arrcab carriers for FS2002 working in FS2004 but I would just like to move one or two of them.I don't want to modify the vessel in any way just change the geographical(Lat/Long) position.Is there any easy way to do this?A question in the main FS forum got zero replies.Dave

Guest Jos

Hi,You need an API, then you can place the vessel or aircraft carrier where you want. I run FS2002 and use Airport for Windows 2.6 .You find an aircraft carrier API on thr site http://fs-shipyards.com . I don't need arrcab program no more, but RCBco 2. With this program you can land and launch from every carrier, even every airport without arrestor cables. The commands are now in the cockpit by three switches on the panel... very easy to handle. There is a good explaining readme plus examples.By the way: I organize sessions with aircraft carriers: see http://www.users.skynet.be/maximil "Operations".Greetz. Jos