Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Excluding Roads With Paavo's Program

Exclude Builder by Paavo Pihelgas is a very useful program for excluding many items. However, it seems that there is no way to exclude roads from and area. Is there a way to exclude roads using Exclude Builder?Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest RollerBall

Don't think so. You'd need to re-do them with CoastLineMaker I reckon

I use Ground2K and find it very useful. However, I am working on a vry large area and clicking on all of the dozens of exclude LOD blocks would try my patience.What I have is 1/2 of a Terrascene global tile TGA format converted to a 256 color, 141mb BMP file. I then run this through AutoASM to generate, and accurately place (VTP) roads and streams.This works in excellent fashion. To-date, for debugging purposes I have just not loaded the BGLs that seem to create roads. However, I need to accurately exclude a specific area about 50 miles by 25 miles to eliminate FS2004 roads, etc. so that they reasonably match the existing FS2004 elements. From the BGLComp 2004 SDK it appears that roads cannot be excluded with this method. I was hoping that I was wrong.Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Hi Dick:Use Rhumba's first suggestion, DefArea (actually, Excl8.exe of the DefArea package). It lets you exclude any layer on a LOD8 basis, which should get your core area done; for the remaining areas (i.e., those not fully covered by a LOD8 cell, use either G2K4 or DefArea.exe's trace-on-screen method. Or, if the shape of those areas are not too complex, you can edit the raw .asm file provided by Excl8.exe to remove specific rows and columns.My areas are about the size of yours and I believe that DefArea is the most efficient way for doing excludes. Cheers, Holger

My apologies. I saw Ground2k and stopped reading assuming that the suggestion was to use Ground2k to set the exclusions. I will head for DefArea.THANKS to ALL>>>>>Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,