Sign in to follow this  
Guest christian

New tool - tmfdecompress. Testers, please?

Guest jimkeir

Hi.>Have you thought about putting support for regions and seasons>in? Season support would be really handy> ...>the season header structure, I can give that to you.Sure, if you have any information then I'd appreciate a look. I've been a bit occupied over the last week but I should get some more time this weekend.I'm thinking of making this into a DLL that could be used in other software. Any takers?Regards,Jim Keir.

Guest christian

ok, I'll start with the individual headers.You probably know that after the main header (and some other bits), you have the subheaders in this order:1 - mesh2 - unknown, not used3 - landclass4 - waterclass5 - regions6 - seasons(I hope I got the order right, it's been a while. It shouldn't matter because you most likely know what I'm talking about). Obviously, you know the format for 1-4. 5 works the same as 1-4. 6 (seasons) work very similar, but now you have 12 data blocks instead of 1 (one for each month). The data block is LOD2, rather than LOD5.The structure looks like this (oh my, it really has been a while, I should have written it down somewhere...):00 00 00 80 - header length00 00 00 0000 00 01 01 - x2 (like in 1-5) sets enable, I think00 00 00 FF00 00 00 0000 00 0F FF - don't know about the last 3 values anymore, don't think they matter (they are the same in my custom files)00 00 08 50 - x12 these point to the LOD tree in the back, of course we have 12 LOD trees now (lenght of LOD tree entry, like 1-5), this can be different to 00 00 08 50, if one doesn't do the whole worldXX XX XX XX - x12 pointers to the LOD tree entries (like 1-5)00 00 00 80 - start of data blockThat should do the trick...A dll would be great to have, but at this stage I couldn't think of a good use for me. A decompiler seems to be enough for me.Some other cool programs to have:A new compiler that supports regions and seasons, without the hacks I described in my TMF doc.A program that reads TMF mesh files and sets the lake elevations in a LWM file (no use for me since I have the elevation source data I need, but as Chris mentioned, this could be of use for some people).Cheers, Christian

Guest jimkeir

Hi.OK, I'll take a look soon. I've been a bit busy over the last few days with updating LWMViewer, and there's still a little that needs to be done.>A program that reads TMF mesh files and sets the lake>elevations in a LWM fileGood idea. I may be able to tweak something I've already got in this direction, in combination with LWMViewer's BMP export.Regards,Jim Keir.

Guest jimkeir

Hi.OK, regions and seasons added. At least, it saves out the contents of 'regions.bgl' and 'seasons.bgl' - I had a quick poke around other files but didn't find any other data to test with.Regards,Jim Keir.

Guest christian

Thanks, Jim. I'll give it a spin.I think I'm the only one to ever have made a season file. It's for New Zealand and should be in the file archives here. I don't think there is any custom region file. The season support will be great though, as I said, it's LOD2 and noone is likely to ever substitute a whole LOD2 quad. So patching into the existing data is really easy now. (and since the season data has changed from FS2002 to FS2004 this has always been on my TODO list).Cheers, Christian