Sign in to follow this  
Guest fame

USS Hornet CV-8

Guest VideoAce

If anyone has any detail information regarding this carrier could you let me know? I'd like to try creating a gmax model of it.Thanks,Bill

Guest fame

Hi Bill:Take a look at our "Carriers & Battle Groups" area. In addition to its existing pages, I recently pulled together from various sources, a great volume (modestly speaking) of Carrier related information, facts and figures. Forcing the creation of a dedicated page... I hope this helps in some small way, visit the URL below (see sig), for additional ideas and suggestions.Good luckTom G, Sr.

Guest VideoAce

Hi Tom,Thanks for the information, I actually found your site last week however some how I missed your Carrier Data page. I also found some model drawing I can use on other sites.Thanks again for the info,Bill

Guest VideoAce

Hey Tom,Towards the end of the project I would like to add some destroyers around the Carrier, Do you see any issues with using the US Naval Vessels for FS2k2 and AFW 3.0 in FS2004?Reagards,Bill

Guest fame

Hi Bill:I have used FS2002 libraries in FS2004. Simply copy over the appropriate library (containing the vessels) and the textures into FS2004 and it should work fine. Almost as an afterthought, the overall qualities of the vessels in FS2002 are of questionable quality. It might very well be appropriate to consider acquiring /designing gmax .api models. With the thought being... if you're going to do it... you might as well do it right. Just a thought. ;)Note: There are some differences that we don't yet have a handle on between pre-FS2004 library objects and the new ones. Good LuckTom G, Sr.

Hi all:I have a request to those modelling ships in GMax or FSDSv2. Would it be possible to publish the models as stand-alone "aircraf" too? I realize that not too many people are interested in piloting a ship in FS but I just uploaded a file package (AI_ships.zip) that allows to include ship models as AI in FS. It would be great if we had a bigger selection of ships to choose from.Also, if anyone knows of suitable ships "out there" already I'd be grateful for pointers. I tried importing some of the CFS2 ships into FS9 but even though I can pilot them myself they don't show up as AI!?!Thanks for considering my request!Cheers, Holger

Guest VideoAce

Hi Tom,When it come to quality, I'm a little unsure of how detail I can get without effecting the frame rate to severly. The carrier I'm modeling now has the potenial to be extremly detailed given the data and images I have. Are there guide lines as far as the number of exceptible pollies to be used to a given scenery area?Thanks,Bill

Guest fame

Hi Bill:I may be misguided, but if you go beyond 60000 for interior + 60000 polys for exterior, makemdl will not compile the file.At the end of the day, it's the textures that will impair FPS more than the total number of polys.All The BestTom G, Sr.