Sign in to follow this  
Guest bnick

FSDS macro issue

Guest sapper42

Gday.Just one thought that may help is that you have a problem with your FS9 , eg: file corruption that isnt enough to crash the sim but cause problems when you add 3rd party objects, allso make sure that within your FSDS File you have all Orphaned points deleted before you export it as a BGL file.Im banking on Shaka exporting it directly without altering the Orig file as per his screen shots that would then lend me to think there is a problem with your FS9 or ! you have another object or 3rd party scenery that is creating this problem.Have you tried to export it to another Location to check if it ats the same. Allso, if this is a macro that your installing it could be getting corrpted by the CAD program your using.Try adding the macro/api by use of scasm code direct to see if that improves it!example code:; start code sampleSet( BUF 2048 )Set( areamx 2048 )Set( LINBUF 2048 )Header( 1 S12:14:44.70 S12:17:04.68 E131:14:33.00 E131:11:55.75 )LatRange( S12:17:04.68 S12:14:44.70 ); BUILDING;Macro( D:MY_MACRO_FOLDERBUILDING.api S12:15:37.9314 E131:14:01.3256 20 1.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 10000 0.0 0 v2= 100 0 0 0 ;0 0 0 );end code sampleThen to compile to a BGL, drag the SCA file over the Scasm.exe to compile it, add it to your scenery and test it.Ive used FSDS for a while now and find that errors are either mine or corruption of files somewhere and not FSDS.best regards: Jeff

Guest bnick

Thanks Jeff,I'll try to load it in a different city just to test the area... Martin also got me thinking if my missing textures might not have something to do with the fact that I brought over all my old FS2K textures and overlaid them in my New FS9 Texture directory a few months ago when I installed FS9... Did I possibly overwrite DX1 files with all my old bmp's from FS2K...? I thought FS9 was backward compatible with the old bmp's, R8's and Oaf files... Maybe this has nothing to do with it... I am importing 3DS files directly from AutoCad2002 but they just import smooth as silk and look perfect in Gmax...I have 2 separate situations going on here... #1. No matter what kind of file I export out of FSDS, ie: API, Scm, Bgl, they all severely distort in FS9, but worked fine in FS2K, which I no longer have installed anymore...#2. Every bgl compiled out of Gmax looks wonderful in FS9, but has no textures... DXT1 or standard bmp's make no difference, transparency textures look fine, as I can see FS9 buildings and objects through the glass, but not the Gmax objects right under the glass...Here is another clue as to how I'm generating Gmax bgl's...I am exporting an "X" file out of Gmax which is then used to compile my bgls... This is done per the instructions of Middleman's Makemdl.exe, working also with MDL Commander's version of makemdl.exeAs I understand it, these two exe's allow an "X" file to be created, which otherwise would never be created with the default Gmax makemdl.exeThey instructed me to rename the original Gmax Makemdl.exe to Mkmdl.exe, then Middlemans Makemdl.exe actually replaces the original Gmax file... Then MDL Commander's version is renamed Makem.exe and somehow they work together to generate this required "X" file which then in read by Middleman's Makemdl.exe and it compiles a new bgl...Is this how everyone does it...? Or is this some old antiquated way of creating bgl's out of Gmax...? I do have FSModelExp.dle sitting in my Plug-in directory as everyone says it must be... I'm beginning to wonder if a new FS9 reload might just be a good idea...Thank's you guys for all the great advice...