Sign in to follow this  
Guest Larry S

Things dissappearing in Flightsim after exporting from Gmax?

Guest C17Chief

Ok, I'm working on McChord AFB.. When I select a few things, i.e. control tower, two hangars and some ramp lights and do export, they show up in flightsim. When I select another row of hangars and a few more lights, none of them show up, and half my control tower and the hangars dissapear. What am I doing wrong??

How did you make them? Which tools did you use to export? If we know that we might be able to help :).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest C17Chief

Oh, I used the makemdl plugin for gmax, it didnt give me any errors or anything... ?

That is very strange. Never seen that before. Are all those objects in one GMax file and exported to the same BGL? Or do you place them in different BGL files.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest jersey shore

true....but then again i never had a problem though anything i created i used a single file for each object i created....not to sound stupid..but is the object at the proper elevation

Guest C17Chief

Yes, all the objects are in the same gmax file, trying to export them all at the same time.. and yea they should be at the right elevation, they are all grouned to 0 in the gmax file and the objects that do show up are all showing up on ground 0 in the sim.The wierd thing about it is that one of the objects is a round roof hangar, which shows up when I have the few objects, but only 1 wall and a roof of it show up when things start dissappearing.

Guest odog

i just glanced at this, but do you have any textures applied? if not this is a common gmax/fs bug, usually seen in aircraft design.stick some generic textures on the problem pieces and i bet it goes away.good luckjoe

Guest C17Chief

No, no textures applied, I just wanted to see where everything was, and if the scale was right.. thanks for the tip, I'll slap some paint on these suckers and see if they show up :)

Guest voscon

Hi,Could it have something to do with the scenery density setting?(Embarrassingly, I made that error once..:))voscon

Guest C17Chief

Hmm I dont think so, I think it was set to sparse, and I have the scenery set on like very dense or dense in the Sim.. stilll working on putting some textures on things to get them to show up.

Guest C17Chief

Well, textures didnt work, but I found out what does. There must be something with file size because when I "chop" it up into 3 parts, according to each of the parking ramps, I get everything to show, so I just have to export selected, and pick everything thats on each ramp. A little more of a pain, but not a biggie.Heres a few shots of what I've got so far :) Hope you like, its my first try ever :)http://home.comcast.net/~svtcobra281/screen1.jpghttp://home.comcast.net/~svtcobra281/screen2.jpghttp://home.comcast.net/~svtcobra281/screen3.jpg

Guest Larry S

Couple of quick questions.I seem to remember from another post you are or were stationed at McChord? I made a feeble attempt at McChord, but my only view was from Steele Street, hard to judge size and depth, had to employ some guesswork. I'm looking forward to a more accurate version, and anxious to see how close I got. Are the planes in your screens static or AI, and what are you using? If or when you've advanced any from the screens here, please post more in the screenshot forum... I like what I see so far and I'd love to see more. Ok, I've taken enough of your time, get back to work.