Sign in to follow this  
arno

Use of FS2004 GUID Objects

I faintly recall either a process or program that permitted the use of existing , what I call GUID type objctes, in user sceneries. These are bridges, road signs, telephone poles, etc. Can someone "remember for me"?Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest gorchi

Hi,do YOu mean ObjPlacer by Arno or his API that allows putting any library object in the scenery? Both are available for download in avsim's file library.Best regardsGoran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

I have indeed made some macros that call the default objects listed in the default.xml file. These can be found in the library.Since then MS has released a new SDK with a complete list of all GUIDs used in the scenery. If you want to place any of those you can best make a small API that calls them or make a small piece of XML code to place them direct. For examples of both you can search this forum.One last note, ObPlacer is available from my website, not from the library here, as it is still in beta phase :).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Ok, found the ObjPlacer program and installed. Placed SCASM (latest from www.scasm.de) in same folder as ObjPlacer. Had FS2004 and FSConnect running ok.Entered the info for the macro, etc... Placed Object ok as shown below but when I tried to compile I received a File Not Found Error number 53. No error log created. SCA file contentis:==================; sdsdsdMacro( "E:Flight Simulator UtilitiesFS Scenery CreatorMy MacrosAircraftArcherii.api" 40.3790815404187 -79.6066947800436 22 1 191.997329459495 0 0 0 0 111 0 0 v2= 111 0 0 0 0 0 0 )Dick Boley @KLBEhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/58807.jpg

regards,

Thanks, I got that error before :). It only means that SCASM could not be started correctly by ObPlacer and thus the BGL file was not generated. You can still compile the SCASM file manual into the BGL, that should work without error.But of course I would like to solve the bug :), so can you maybe provide me with some more information. I had some problems in getting it working in the first place (that is also way it is still a beta version). In the end I got it working fine on my machine with WinXP. Are you maybe using a different version of Windows?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Using WindowsXP. I also tried Windows 2000 compatibility mode but same error. While I have your attention - a dumb question. Where are the library objects located in FS2004. Billboards, structures, signs, etc.. I should know this but.....Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

If you mean which BGL file I don't know exactly. Most common objects are in the generic folder I think. But with the list of available GUIDs you don't need to care where the library BGL is, they are always loaded anyhow.Thanks for the info on the bug. So it isn't a OS problem like I thought. Time to start digging a bit in the source code I guess :D.

Arno