Sign in to follow this  
Guest Larrycx

What works in FS2004 like LWMviewer?

Guest Larrycx

Dick,Thanks for the heads up on the XML bgl compiler problems. you were responding to John Farrie's post aimed at me. I may have gone out and bought another thing that wasn't right yet. There seems to be a lot of them.Larry Costa

Guest Larrycx

George,Thanks a bunch for those links. I wouldn't have had the foggiest idea where to look for these resources, they should help me a lot.Perhaps on topic: I didn't see a peaked roof in the BGLcomp SDK examples. Can I just specify "peak" for roof type?Off this topic: In some of today's post there was talk about a "slanted runway". Moswt of the local area runways qaround here have significant grade. One as high as 8%. Ours (99V) is 2% and it makes a big difference in takeoff & landing distances in real aircraft.I think I understand that the airports in FS are on flattened areas. Is there any way to tilt a runway at all. I have modified our runway with FSCAD to update it and added a small pond on the airport with a start from LMDRAW and modified the code.Thanks for your help. Maybe someday I can upload some useful scenery changes for FS2004 that will be meaningful and not hurt frme rates.Larry :)

Larry,Look in the documentation you downloaded:Simple Type: stRoofType value comes from list: {'FLAT'|'SLANT'|'PEAKED'|'RIDGE'} George

Guest Larrycx

Hi George, :+ Boy am I ashamed, printed what I thought was the XML doc from the SDK. Wrong! It loaded into wordpad and I wanted two-sided printing. XP no longer supports this for my HP 895ce so I print an odd page then an even page, etc. The trouble is that Wordpad did a lot of skipping that I didn't catch until today.I found that Word Perfect could handle the .xls other formats and it would print pages correctly and even help with two-sided printing. When I got a look I answered my own questions! RTFM stupid! Now XML doesn't look near as scary. I can copy-paste and modify til I get what works. It will still be while but I will keep plugging. I also found the object library name-hex table and the textures table.To me: Always RTFM!!! I might find something.Larry :9Now I will have a new go at things