Sign in to follow this  
Shaka

editing BGL's

Guest retard_retard_retard

hi, i've never tried to design or edit scenery before but after downloading the freeware version of kai tak airport for fs9 and discovering that my frames were to low to use it i want to attemp to remove most scenery items and leave only the imfamous checker board and perhaps some of the airport ground scenery.Is there and program that i would be able to edit the BGL's with and/or a tutorial to help me do this?thanks,Callum.

Nope.The only way to do this is the dissamble the BGL file and dig through the source code yourself. That requires some knowlegde of the coding ofcourse.Have you checked if the designer maybe used different BGL files for the scenery? Then you could get rid of some object by removing part of the BGL files.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest retard_retard_retard

he made a few for excluding the default scenery then theres a couple for the shape of the land ect, but the bit of scenery i want is packed in the same bgl as the main scenery.I feel like giving it a try anyway! what would you recomend i use to edit the source code?

It's probably easier to just make the scenery yourself. You could try contacting the author and seeing if he made a "light" version, or perhaps he would be willing to share objects with you. People often email me to change small details, and I usually oblige them. Besides, I'm against changing other peoples work, unless they explicitly allow it.- Martin