Sign in to follow this  
Guest tdragger

FS2004 Taxisigns XML errors

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Hi all,When I'm trying to compile an XML file to create some taxisigns for one of my sceneries I get an error that the '<' character is not valid.I used the direction characters that a fellow designer posted here with his mini tutorial (sorry, can't remember name) but I get this error.Sample label="d[]"What do I do wrong? Anyone managed to use the direction characters for taxisign creation?Thanks!George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest sapper42

Gday GeorgeDownload this file from Avsim ! creatsign.zip as it will make the XML code for you. I have tried it without FSUIPC and it works great.If you have FSUIPC it makes things easier as it will input from your sim and you wont haveto manually input the Lat Lon Heading etc.you can allso study the XML code it creates before you compile it. The PDF tutorial i allso found to be a lot easier to follow than the SDK.rgds Jeff

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Although the brackets did not appear in my original post (I forgot about the html tags), the labels I use are according to that tutorial.I have already downloaded and installed 'createsign.zip'. Looks nice if you don't have any coordinates, but I do. I have converted my old API calls to the new XML format complete with coordinates, headings etc.The only problem I have is with the direction indicators.Maybe the correct characters are { } and not < > ?George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Thanks!That's exactly the post I was talking about. But it doesn't work!Here's a sample of what I do :<?xml version="1.0"encoding="utf-8"?>And here's what I get when compiling :Parsing document: lgav_Taxisigns.xmlERROR C2034: XML Parse Fatal Error (line, column, error)ERROR: 37, 16, An attribute value must not contain '<'.ERROR C2470: Unrecoverable error parsing XML!ERROR C2006: Parse failed (0x80004005)ERROR C2003: Failed to process file: lgav_taxisigns.xmlWhat does this mean? Where is the error? Line 37 is thelabel="d[< ....Any suggestions?Thanks!George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Ingore... Found what was wrong.Instead of using the < directly I HAD to use the < syntax.Then, it compiled ok.Just for your info.George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest sapper42

>And here's what I get when compiling :>>Parsing document: lgav_Taxisigns.xml>>ERROR C2034: XML Parse Fatal Error (line, column, error)>>ERROR: 37, 16, An attribute value must not contain '<'.>ERROR C2470: Unrecoverable error parsing XML!>ERROR C2006: Parse failed (0x80004005)>ERROR C2003: Failed to process file: lgav_taxisigns.xml>>What does this mean? Where is the error? Line 37 is the>label="d[< ....>>Any suggestions?>Thanks!>George Dorkofikis>Athens, GreeceGeorge, in ref to your question as to where the line error is, if you were to use MS Frontpage, it lists the line ( 37 ) number that the code that is at fault is on. another way is to count down from the 1st line of your code if you were to use MS Notepad for example.rgds Jeff

Guest tdragger

That's correct. I tried using the escape sequence in the post but the forum software kept turning it into the less than symbol.