Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

Question On Excludes

Hi all. I am trying to exclude some of MS's buildings on an airport, and I need to replace them with some others. I can exclude the old, but when I go to add a new one, it seems to also be excluded. Is there a way to exclude the old, and plant a new one in the same spot? BTW...I am using Airport, and I am using the built-in exclude in Airport. Thanks! :)Don

Hi DonUsing Airport for Windows v3 Build 185I also had a problem similar to yours .. I was adding some objects to a scenery that I had previously designed and after compiling it lost all my added buildings.When I checked the files Airport had added an extra exclude file that I had not put in. When I deleted it the buildings reappeared.Example (the 3 exclude files I put in previously) exclud_Com1.bgl exclud_Com2.bgl exclud_Com3.bglAfter compiling another one was added .. exclude_comox.bgl I deleted it and all was back to normal.This happened on two different sceneries I was working on.I am not sure what/why happened but it worked for me.BestVern

Thanks Vern. I will check that out. I rarely have used excludes, and when I have, I have never tried to go over the excluded area. I'll hunt for it buddy. Thanks.Don

No buddy, I just have what should be there. No extras. Thanks anyhow. NEXT? :(Don

Guest JoeW

Don... Try putting an "A" in front of the exclude name. As in Horseshoe_bay..... A_Horseshoe_bay. I am working on a repair of the Bad bridges in the Keys and this worked for me in that. I have 3 repaired and trying to do the one at Marathon.. Thats a bugger... Spans 2 cells.Joe W

I will give it a shot. BTW...looking forward to that scenery. I've been on that bridge! I remember going South on it, but the memory North is a little bit fuzzy! LOL! Thanks buddy!!Don

a scasm based exclude can be written in just two lines of code...simplest file possible. I've used them for ages and never had your problem.Here's an example, why not copy the coordinates you wish to exclude an replace my coords...compile with the latest scasm, check at www.scasm.de....and add it to your scenery dir...should work fine.____________________________________________________________Header( 1 47:54:42.6 47:54:24.6 -122:6:6.6 -122:6:23.4 )Exclude( 01 47:54:42.6 47:54:24.6 -122:6:6.6 -122:6:23.4 )note the order of coords....N lat, S lat, E long, W longB

Hi all.To add to Bob's coments;I don't believe Airport for Windows or FSSC uses this PREFERRED method of writing SCASM excludes. But they are supremely simple to write. You can have many separate excludes in the file. Make sure the header bounds include all the sepatate exclude bounds in the BGL. The resulting BGL can reside in the same addon folder and the name makes no difference. What gets excluded is any object at those coordinates in any Scenery layer lower in priority in the Scenery Library. BGLs in the same folder are unaffected.This is also true of excludes made in the newer BGLComp/XML style.Dick

Thanks guys! I appreciate it. I will try that. I believe I have the newest Scasm, but I will check anyhow. I'll let you know the results. :)Don

The exclude worked great. But when I go to place something else there, it doesn't show. Any ideas?Don

only thing I can think of is that you've got a layer turned on above the one your working on with an exclude for that area active.I can assure you if you put the exclude in the same scenery folder as your scenery, it is not excluding your display. look for the problem somewhere else.Can you say for sure that you see your object without this exclude?B

Fixed. That's what it was. Another layer was on. I knew it was operator error. HA! Always is! ;) Thanks ALL!! :) I need to be more careful! 100+ sceneries and I am STILL learning.Don