Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vauchez

.agn internal format: anyone?

Guest Vauchez

Hi all,Has anyone had a look at the .agn (original autogen) format? I am heating up the hex viewer, but I'd rather not reinvent the wheel...If its been looked at, the posts must be so old that they are out of the forum. I searched here for a few hours, but didn't find anything.With all the ag xml problems there are, that autogen isn't dead yet...Anyway, the shadow method it uses is more in tune with the 4.2m resolution of the ground than the crisp ones we get with the xml library objects.By the way, as this is my first post here, I wish to wharmly thank all the developpers that have created the tools without which scenery creation wouldn't be possible. Dick, Christian, Jim, Martin, and all the others, a million thanks, your work is priceless.Vauchez.

Hi Vauchez.I think the field is wide open. Gerrish had worked on autogen in the past, but I have not heard of a file structure breakthrough.There is a good opportunity for some detective work.Dick

Guest Vauchez

Thanks a milion Luis, this is exactly what I was looking for. I don't understand how I missed it in the search, but hey, its perfect.Sadly, the conclusion is that the format is faithfully reproducing the UI of annotator, no less, no more. I was kind of hoping that Annotator was only initializing values, and pointing to a somewhat more 'complex' format than that. Vauchez.