Sign in to follow this  
arno

GMAX ground polygon flickering - layering

Guest FlyMan

Hi,I have seen this discussion but due to problems with my old account I never managed to comment. Now I registered with a new user name so here I am :)I have had exactly the same problem in my EFMA scenery (released today on www.fsnordic.net, by the way... ;) ). My conclusion after lots of experimenting is that the problem lies somwhere in the way FSregen makes the libraries, because placing the same polygon directly with MakeModel or manually makes it work correctly! As soon as you turn it into a library object using FSregen the the buildings and other object will 'sink' into the ground poly when viewed from above... Bamce

Bamce,You are spot on with this comment and I forgot to mention this earlier. As you said I also did a test on the direct bgl creation and the object was fine. The conclusion must be to do with the FSRegen library creation. I suspect there needs to be an altitude entry somewhere in the macro.RegardsShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Hi Bamce,That is very interesting, as the library should not have such an influenece on the object.Shez, code you try the macro with this piece of code, it will force a RefPoint type 7 all the time:[tt]:OBJ refpoint( 7 :END %4 %1 %2 v1= %10 %13 %14 ) RtatedCall( :ROT 0 0 %5 ) Return[/tt]With the old code a type 2 is selected when you enter an altitude in the scenery design program.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog