Sign in to follow this  
Guest osman

AFCAD file layering

Guest osman

Hi everybody,I encounter some problems with modified AFCAD files not showing up in FS9. Put together with visual scenery in the same folder, they remove the default airport, but the modified runway does not show, and if you try the GOTO airport in FS, you end up at the airport refence point looking north. To move the AFCAD file to the scenery folde in ADDONScneery improves the sitution, but not completely. Is there any rule for this?-osman

you describe your problem as the afcad files don't show.then you state that using a certain folder for the afcad file "improves the situation, but not completely". if good is " the file shows" and bad is "the file does not show", what does it look like when the "situation is improved".B

The problem osman describes suggests problems of AFCAD modifications of a scenery, when put in the same directory as the visual scenery. my understanding of AFCAD2 was that modified AFCAD2 files of default airports were placed by AFCAD2 into the scenery folder in the ADDONScenery folder, over-riding the AFCAD for the original airport. As to the issue of "and if you try the GOTO airport in FS, you end up at the airport refence point looking north", this can occur if you create a new airport with AFCAD2 without including startpoints either at the runway ends or in parking positions. the aircraft in this case will be placed Nth facing at the airport reference point. Hope one of these points may remind you of something you may have overlooked.regards Bryan

Guest osman

Hi everyone,finally I found out why my AFCAD-made runway did not show up in FS (it was well visible in map view): the old scenery file contained an airport ground polygon, and such polygons cover up any runway made with the new bglcomp command directly or with AFCAD2. Thus if you want to enhance scenery files from FS2002 or before, you should be careful to delete all ground polygons, at least those which cover runways, taxiways, aprons etc. The other possibility is to leave all these polygons and the runways i n place and to use AFCAD2-style runways only to adjust map view and AI traffic.Thanks for the tip with the start positions: I had not noticed before that there was a separate menu entry for making them.-osman