Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

For Bob or Dick

Hi guys! Thanks again for the exclude info. As I wrote before, everything worked out fine. It was a layer problem. Your idea of excluding is superb. I am having problems now with 2 little areas. It appears that MS has placed 2 little pieces of ramp on an airport. I can exclude the buildings on the airport, but when I go to exclude the ramps, nothing happens. Is there something special that must be done to exclude pieces of ramp? Thanks!Don

Don, when you say ramps, I assume you mean peices of taxiway, or tarmac? Ground polygon like stuff?Lately I've been using afcad v2...which can open the visible airport information, and then allows you to modify it, and place a custom version of the af file into your addon folder.Not sure if you can exclude it or not...I do think you can, as at one point I had done that unintentionally, but I didn't note how....Bob B

Yes sir, it's 2 little pieces of ramp. It's located at Chistochina, Alaska. Let me try that. I have used it to add, but not to takeaway. Thanks buddy. Don

Guest sapper42

Don, the only way i can see you removing the ramps are with the SDk using XML with the Del code option ( as per the AFD XML ) but this will del all aprons for that airport. Another way would be to create a polygon or polygons over the top of the existing aprons but i think you will find that the ground characertisics ( Dirt, Concerete etc ) surface will remain atthe default level as the AFD files are tied into the Runway data ( this includes aprons and taxiways ).rgds Jeff

should work fine to takeaway, just highlight the links and delete, saving your af file in the local scenery dir will take priority over the default.B

AFCAD 2 removes them. As you said above, just click on a corner and you can do with it as you please. I enlarged it, moved it, changed its texture, then deleted it. Amazing little tool. Thanks for the hint. Let's see what other troubles I can get into. :) Thanks again!!Don