Sign in to follow this  
Guest JohnC

Night texture not showing ...Please help...

Guest abent

I had forgotten to include ambient Office_lm night texture in my scenery. I have the texture in my texture folder and had used Imagetool on it. The problem is that I didn't apply the ambient texture when I originally made the scenery in Gmax1.2.Can I go back and do it now? I tried with no luck. How do I do this Even the day texture now is just grey.Thanks, Adam

Guest JohnC

I think you should be able to re-texture the oject, re-export it, and make sure that both day and night textures are in an acceptable format for FS9...gray textures suggest (to me anyway) FS9 cannot find the right format file..

Guest abent

Thanks John. I tried applying the Office_lm bitmap and rexported to FS. The problem is that the tutorial I was reading may be for an earlier version of Gmax as the screens are slightly different. I will try again. I guess I should bring the _lm bitmap up under ambient. It seems to me that's what I tried before and it didn't work.Anyway, I'll give it another go.Adam

Guest JohnC

Here are the rules as defined in my GMAX Bible for Custom Content for FS2002...should be the same for FS2004(up to) 5 separate textures "can" be appliedBase texture is (1) the default texture (2) filename should end with _T. (3) represented in Material Editor as the Diffuse map.(:( Damage texture same name as above change name suffix _T to _D© Night map texture...represented in Material Editor as the Ambient Color map. This button can be locked out but I haven't discerned the practical uses for this lockout.(d) Light map texture represented by the Self illumination map and should end with -l.(e) Reflection map (shiny surfaces) represented as the Reflection map in the Material EDITOR. I assume he meant the specular radio button.Remember...2 separate texture folders....one with standard bitmaps for GMAX and another for FS9 converted with some utility like DXTBMP.Managing a library of filenames in two texture folders, with two separate formats, but exact same names takes a little organization.