Sign in to follow this  
555_HH

XML Scenery question

hi all,i've successfully used my first working xml/bgl in fs9 with the below xml code - its a refinery near my home airport (forgot the correct lat,lon..doesnt matter anyhow)2 questions:first:i want to place a seconde refinery near the first one - how can i include multiple objects in one code? I don't want to have several bgls with just one object. second:is there any code for a simple chimney? I've the complete (?) FS9Generic Library but can not identify the object (see below)many thanks for helping!cheers,harald<?xml version="1.0"?> ag_barn ag_barn_2 ag_barn_3 ag_barn_4 ag_baseball ag_billboard ag_Building_1 ag_Building_2 ag_Building_3 ag_Building_4 ag_Building_5 ag_Building_6 ag_chemtank ag_ClosedStadium ag_cob_barn ag_cob_house ag_doublelight ag_factory ag_FastFood_1 ag_FastFood_2 ag_FastFood_3 ag_FastFood_4 ag_FastFood_5 ag_FastFood_6 ag_firehouse ag_FootballStadium_1 ag_gas_1 ag_gas_2 ag_gas_3 ag_GenericSign ag_HighPower ag_hotel_1 ag_iceberg_1 ag_iceberg_2 ag_iceberg_3 ag_iceberg_4 ag_iceberg_5 ag_Largebillboard ag_LightPole ag_median ag_MediumGrandstand ag_observe ag_RoadSign ag_school ag_ShoppingCenter ag_silo ag_stripmall_1 ag_TelephonePole ag_warehouse ag_WaterTower_1 ConcreteBridge1A ConcreteBridge1B Constructcrane_large Constructcrane_med Constructcrane_small DirtMound easterbody easterheaddown easterheadup EFIS_Hoop EFIS_Road EFIS_square EFIS_Tee First_Bosporus_Bridge Fuel_Truck1 Fuel_Truck2 gen_aerobaticbox gen_ampitheater gen_amusementpark gen_balloon01 gen_barn01 gen_beaconbase1 gen_beaconheli gen_beaconhelicone gen_beaconland gen_beaconlandcone gen_beaconmil gen_beaconmilcone gen_beaconwater gen_beaconwatercone gen_bridge01 gen_bridge01_2 gen_bridge02 gen_bridge02_2 gen_bridge03 gen_bridge03_2 gen_bridge04 gen_bridge04_2 gen_bridge05 gen_bridge05_2 gen_bridge06 gen_bridge06_2 gen_bridge07 gen_bridge07_2 gen_bridge08 gen_bridge08_2 gen_Daredevil gen_DME gen_docksmall gen_dome01 gen_elevator01 gen_factory01 gen_ferryterminal gen_fueldock gen_hutopen gen_hutwalled gen_launchpad_alone01 gen_launchpad_alone02 gen_marina gen_monument01 gen_ndb01 gen_NDBWater gen_nucplant01 gen_pier gen_pole01 gen_powerstation01 gen_powertower01 gen_radio01 gen_refinery01 gen_reno_racepylon01 gen_reno_racepylon02 gen_reno_racepylon03 gen_reno_racetower01 gen_rig01 gen_sign01 gen_spaceshuttle01 gen_spaceshuttle01_ns gen_spaceshuttle02 gen_stack01 gen_TACAN gen_tank01 gen_techshack01 gen_trans01 gen_tv01 gen_vab gen_watertower01 gen_watertower02 gen_windmill01 Jindo_Bridge Large_Fuel_Tank large_tower1a large_tower1b large_tower2 large_tower3 Leaning_tower Lighthouse1 Lighthouse2 Lighthouse3 locan Medium_Fuel_Station Medium_Fuel_Station_Overhang medium_tower1 medium_tower2 medium_tower3 medium_tower4 NDB NDBHigh Panama_canal_locks Panama_canal_locks2 Ponte25deAbril rdbld SCO_blimp SCO_gen_checkershed SCO_gen_ilstransmitter SCO_gen_radarshackB SCO_gen_radarshackbaseB SCO_gen_radarshackdish sco_gen_vor03 sco_gen_vor03DME SCO_gen_VORsmall SCO_gen_VORsmall2 SCO_gen_VORsmall2DME SCO_gen_VORsmallDME SCO_gen_windsock SCO_genbldg_skyblackmd SCO_genbldg_skyblacksm SCO_genbldg_skyblacktall SCO_genbldg_skybluemd SCO_genbldg_skybluesm SCO_genbldg_skybluetall SCO_genbldg_skydkgraymd SCO_genbldg_skydkgraysm SCO_genbldg_skydkgraytall SCO_genbldg_skyltgraymd SCO_genbldg_skyltgraysm SCO_genbldg_skyltgraytall SCO_genbldg_skymdgraymd SCO_genbldg_skymdgraysm SCO_genbldg_skymdgraytall SCO_genbldg_skyredmd SCO_genbldg_skyredsm SCO_genbldg_skyredtall SCO_genbldg_skytanmd SCO_genbldg_skytansm SCO_genbldg_skytantall SCO_genbldg_skywhitemd SCO_genbldg_skywhitesm SCO_genbldg_skywhitetall SCO_noaa_antenna_grey SCO_noaa_antenna_red SCO_noaa_antenna_white SCO_noaa_constructcrane_large SCO_noaa_constructcrane_med SCO_noaa_constructcrane_small SCO_noaa_cranebase SCO_noaa_portcrane SCO_noaa_portcraneblue SCO_noaa_portcranegrey SCO_noaa_portcraneredsea SCO_noaa_portcranewhite Sco_statecapital1 Sco_statecapital2 Sco_statecapital3 Second_Bosporus_Bridge Small_Fuel_Station1 Small_Fuel_Station2 Small_Fuel_Station2 small_tower1 small_tower2 Tempcontrol_tower

Guest sapper42

Gday, to answer your 1st question, enter your code like this !<?xml version="1.0"?>just alter the Lat Lon, you may need to play with the co ordinates for the ref point pressuming it is dead centre of the object.for your second question there is a file available where the author did a screen shot of all the known objects with thier GUID's but at the moment i cant recall the file name but i can let you know within 24 hrs.rgds Jeff

hey jeff!many, many thanks for that quick response!! i'm real dumb regarding programming so your help is really appreciated! is there any limit how many objects i can place within one code? shouldn't be, or?!ref my second question: I've got one file at home, called agmac2k4.zip - API MACROS FOR FS2004 AUTOGEN OBJECTS by Arno Gerretsen (4th september 2003) this file contains a set of API macros that call the autogen objects that are listed in the Fs2004autogendefault.xml file., it shows some bmp's with api's, but unfortunatly not all as listed above..i.e. the refinery is not included. if u could provide me with your file, that would be great!thanks!cheers,harald

I made those API macros from the objects listed in the default.xml file. Since then MS has released the BGLComp SDK and it includes a list of all used GUIDs. You might be able to find the object you are looking for in there?And as far as I know there is no real limit on the number of objects you can place in the XML file.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

hi Arno!thanks for your reply! your file with the screenshot is really helpful! i'm looking for a simple chimney, which u can find,in the default fs9 sceneries, mostly in the US. i was wondering, which of the released GUIDs contains this - you can guess the GUIDs by their name, but not all...there is also no description of the GUIDs in the released BGLComp SDK, as far as i remember.thanks also for the answer regarding the limit of objects in a xml file!thanks and cheers,harald

i think and hope i found it - will try that one out when back home: gen_stack01"gen_stack01" sounds somehow reasonable... :-lolthanks to all who helped me!cheers,harald

Guest sapper42

Harald, look for a file called makexml.zip in avsim, it has a word document that is 34 pages lond and is full of bmp images with the GUID numbers for the images, i dont recall the authors name but that is the name of the file !best rgds Jeff

hi Jeff!excellent !! excactly what i'm looking for! beer for you! :-beerchug cheers and many thanks!haraldps:now, i'm fiddeling around with VTPTools and LWM to get the river right, which MS forgot in the standard scenery at my hometown...arghhh.