Sign in to follow this  

Pilots' Operating Manuals versus Owners' Manuals - what

I'm thinking about buying a manual for the Beech Baron from Essco but I'm not quite sure the difference between an Operating Manual and an Owner's Manual. I'm more interested in knowing, for example, what proper takeoff configuration is rather than what kind of detergent to use when washing the plane, so I'm thinking the Operating Manual sounds more relevant. Can anyone verify that? Thanks!David

POH contain generic information about the airplane, while the AOM contains information specific to a particular aircraft ie W&Bal id,registrtion #s.hope that helps

About 180 bucks for a later model 172. The printed pages are the same but they get 10 times as much for stamping the tail number on the front.

Guest Lizardo

hahahahahahahaha. Yup. Easy way: go to local airport and chat up a pilot. Borrow his for an hour and hit a xerox machine. Next easiest: got to www.sportys.com They have "Pilot's Guides for Cessna and Piper Aircraft" for $14.95 each. (172, 152,150 etc).

I'm a comercial pilot. The POH has 98% the exact same information as the "Officail Airplane Operations Manual." The offical version is required to be physicaly present in the aircraft at all times of operation by the FAA. The reason for this being is the EXACT weight/balance, equipment, operating limitions for that EXACT aircraft. For example a particular Cessna 172SP may weigh 50 pounds more than another C172SP due to added IFR certified GPS being installed. Anyway, They are essentially contain the same information. In fact every person that has gotten their Real pilots license has used a pilot operating handbook, to determine take off, climb, range, cruise, landing performance, etc. However, once you get into more complicated aircraft, I don't believe B58 to be one of them, there is the Pilots Operations manual which tells the pilot HOW TO fly the plane. And then there is the Systems manual which describes in unparrelled detail all the systems down to the resistors in the flaps selector circuit.. lolHope this was helpful..CB