Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

'Replacing' buildings in FS2004...

Guest abent

I'm attempting a scenery of Winnipeg International Airport (CYWG). I would like to use the existing scenery and afcad for the time being and just remove/replace buildings as I make them. Is it possible to modify an FS .bgl file? I'd rather not just place the buildings overtop of the existing ones for obvious performance issues. I do plan to make an entirely new scenery but that's in the distant future as my progress is slow. :-shy I would appreciate any advice/constructive criticism from scenery designers or otherwise. If your even remotely interested in what I've done, check out the SS Forum under CYWG Terminal.Thanks, Adam

Hi Adam,It is not possible to modify a default BGL file, but you can make an exclude file to remove what you don't want. If you make such an exclude very small, only around a certain building you can remove single buildings with it and replace them with new ones you made.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest abent

Hi Arno, I appreciate the response and sorry for the delay. What do you use to make an exclude file?Thanks, Adam

ExBuilder would be a good option in Fs2004 it uses the XML code, although all general scenery design programs allow you to make one.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Barney1

SceneGenX, a utility based upon the Airport For Windows program has recently been released. It allows for the insertion of FS2004-style objects, including the buildings, from the Library.Available here: http://www.airportforwindows.com/downloads.htmlA discussion thread of this program is also under way at the Airport for Windows Forum at http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/cgi/dcforu...rum=DCForumID11

Guest abent

Thanks Barney, I'm trying to get EXCBuilder working with little luck. I may look into your suggestions.Adam

Guest DannyW

Looks like we have now decompiler for 2004 bgl - see on avsim bglx34.zip so maybe edition of default sceneries is realistic.