Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoeW

ExcBuilder and getting rid of bridges ...help

Guest DK

I'm trying to get rid of the horrible bridges in my city's harbour (they go across the water from Halifax, Nova Scotia , Canada to Dartmouth , Nova Scotia ... they are too close together and the wrong type ... there's also one in another spot where there is no bridge).I am able to get rid of generic buildings and these 3 factory smoke stacks (which I will replace with better ones) with ExcBuilder but the bridges won't budge. I have used a large enough rectangle to be sure by far that I am getting them. In fact I can see the rectangle of missing generic buildings in fs2004 so it's easy to see the bridges should go too. Is there anything I could be doing wrongIdeally , I'd like to get rid of just the bridges but I've tried this with 'all objects' set just to be certain. Would bridges be "library objects" or "generic buildings". Choosing "Library objects" gets rid of the 3 factory smoke stacks and this nuclear power plant thing (yuck ... so unrealistic to see in my city where it's an oil refinery that's near there in reality) but leaves all the generic city buildings. I was hoping bridges fell under library object catagory so I could get rid of all of these things with one huge exclusion rectangle ;-)Any help would be appreciated.

I guess those bridges are VTP lines actually. So you might want to give DefArea a try on it (that makes VTP excludes for you). Mesh scenery elements, like VTP lines, do not respond to normal excludes.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest JoeW

I just repaired the bridges in the Florida Keys. Airport for windows uses a centered location and by placing runways in the corners of 2 grids and saving to a bgl and starting the sim, taking a topdown and setting the scale to match the runways, I then got the coordinates of the top left and the botton right of the topdown. I then copyed the same topdown to Ground2k2 and with the coordinates from airport. Set the scale in Ground2k2. I used the Exclude to get rid of the offending bridge and then drawing the new bridges in... This process works great. I am thinking of doing the rest of the bridges in Florida. Miami has some really bad ones as does Tampa. I have tryed to include a screen shot of the 7 mile bridge at Marathon, Fl. in Ground2k2.Joe W.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/61173.jpg