Sign in to follow this  
Guest Larrycx

1st BGLcomp try error - Help!

Guest Larrycx

I am calling BGLcomp from a dos prompt with the following xml file. I tried it also as a txt file with the same result. <?xml version="1.0"?>ERROR C2003: Falied to process file: excludetest.xmlIf I add the folloing line before the "" lineI get the error at that line.What am I doing wrong? Am I missing a file that tells BGLcomp what it can parse?Larry Costa -- Please help!!!

Larry, Had the same problem the first time I did it, also. First, make sure that your exclude zone lines up North-South. I was trying to exclude a thin rectangle running at 025 degrees. The latitude of the NW point was actually east of the SE point. Looking at yours, I think that's the case. Try to make the area larger, also. See what happens. Do a search for my name in this forum for the help I received. Good luck. :-wave

Guest jzax

Sometimes I have got that kind of error with exclude commands in xml, and I solved it closing the command like this:Try it out, to see if it worksRegardsJoaquin

Hi This code works. I swapped your Max and Min Longitudes, because they are "-", or westerly, the Min long is the larger value. I also corrected a small error in the header.Works fine now Derek<?xml version="1.0"?>

Guest Larrycx

Hi again all.I though I would place this message here instead of a direct reply to Derek's answers' because Steve Lewis and Joaquin answers were ahead of Derek's. This is in case others are puzzled by the same error msg from BDLcomp.All three of the gents had the correct solution. I copy-pasted Derek's and it worked. :)In case anybody else is following, the coordinates must be in the correct order. But from BDLcomp,s error msg, I thought it was yelling about the line ExclusionRectangle , not its content. I now know better.Next I will try to place a smaller hangar there with ridge roof. I hope the SDK hasn't got the examples needed too wrong. From the posts I've been reading the SDK has many errors. I might correct my copy as I find them. Yes, I will keep the original!I will placing a new post asking if anybody has a partial or full list of BDLcomp major error messages WITH some sort of explaintion of what the message means. Had I understood that it was yelling about the content of ExclusionRectangle rather than the call itself I maight have figured it out on my own.Thanks again for the help fellows,Larry Costa