Sign in to follow this  
Guest LarryJ_KMSO

BGLXML.EXE has been released

Guest tomcjones

Mr Alessandro G. Antonini has released a long awaited tool to convert bgl files to xml.I have tried to use it but when I try to compile a bgl file it tells me that the particular bgl is not in the FS2004 Library. I just wondered if any one else has tried this new disassembler and has run into this problem and how to solve it.Tom Jones

Guest tomcjones

Hi PanosYes it does indeed work with AP.....files. I was hoping it would dissassemble bgl files of objectes that I have created with various scenery design programs but I presume thats not possible with any dissambler program yetThanksTom Jones

Guest Basil

>Hi Panos>Yes it does indeed work with AP.....files. I was hoping it>would dissassemble bgl files of objectes that I have created>with various scenery design programs but I presume thats not>possible with any dissambler program yetIf that's the case, then I too misunderstood its utility. Alessandro's description reads:GLXML 0.30, by Alessandro G. Antonini ©2004this is an utility which disassembles BGL filesinto new FS2004 format and produces an XMLfile to be compiled with Microsoft BGLCOMP(from FS2004 SDK).That doesn't say anything about being limited to BGL files already compiled with the new format. Like you, I had hoped it would decompile older BGL files into the XML format.

Guest tomcjones

Hi BasilI sent the author some email asking about lots of scenery objects that I have made for FS2002. I dont know if I will get an answer or not. Im with you. I thought it would disassemble any scenery object bgl file. Tom Jones

Scenery you have made with the current tools does not use the new XML format, so it is not strange that it can not be decompiled with this tool.This tool just reads the new format and gives you the XML source for it, but it does not translate the old format to a new one. That is just not possible.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest jzax

The Airport for Windows people are already experimenting with a new scenery design tool, Scenegenx, available from their web page, that codes into the new format.As you say, I do not think someone will come out with an utility to convert old BGLs (scasm style) to new BGLs (BGLComp style). That sounds too difficult, and it is not needed for the moment, maybe for FS2006 it will, as the MS people is kindly warning now...regardsJoaquin

This is decompiled code of "Athens.bgl", give a look!sourceFile="gr02a.mdl"?I search my all fs9 directories and I found only 2 texture files gr02a.bmp,gr02a_lm.bmp!My opinion is that MS use gmax objects with *.mdl format in to fs9!Now I will make a test with gmax.When I try to compiling a gmax object with *.mdl ext.apears this error message. ERROR C2470: Unrecoverable error parsing XML!ERROR C2006: Parse failed (0x80004005)ERROR C2003: Failed to process file: mdltest.xmlPanos GeorgotasAthens-Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Panos Georgotas

Hi Panos.There are 2 problems.We do not have the FS9 MakeMDL, needed to save scenery MDLs. The BGLComp can only place Library objects... so the MDLs we eventually create must be combined into Libraries.See this post:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...16633&mode=fullIn order to place single objects we still will be using BGLC or SCASM code. There's nothing wrong with this. BGLComp just gives us a different way to create scenery object libraries, and place those library objects in the sim.Dick

Guest tomcjones

Dick are you saying that by using the MakeMdl, when it is released ,that we may be able to use all the objects that were created by the scasm code? If so great and I certainly hope so because I have created lots of object with scasm.Tom Jones

Hi Tom,I don't know what you mean here. MakeMDL is the export tool from GMax, and it makes a BGL of the object at the moment and we will have to wait for the new gamepack to see what it makes then.So, this has nothing to do with SCASM object, it only allows you to export from GMax.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

Alessandro's web site is http://www.cpinf.net/web/home.php?index=1Very interesting program. If you run the .NET utility xsd on a bgl xsd file (which M$ thoughtfully provided as bglcomp.xsd part of the scenery SDK), with the xsd /c option (like "xsd /c bglcomp.xsd" ), xsd writes the Csharp classes that fit this schema. The output is bglcomp.cs which contains CSharp classes for the bglcomp schema. Unfortunately I haven't been able to use xml serialization to read a .bgl file.I would attach the bglcomp.cs file but AVSIM's attachment feature is not functioning this evening.Larry

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

My error... Too many windows open and covered up.Here's the file containing the C # .NET classes obtained frombglcomp.xsd.Larry

Guest tomcjones

Very good Larry but what is the serilization stuff used for?Tom Jones