Sign in to follow this  
Guest LarryJ_KMSO

BGLXML.EXE has been released

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

Hi Tom,For one thing, the ctFSData class contains all the enumerations. I'll write a little program that prints them out later today so you can see what I mean. For example, buried in the class is an enum(eration) for stSurface. ASPHALT would be 0, BITUMINOUS would be 1, BRICK would be 2 etc. More importantly, it seems to me ( a totally newbie to C# and .NET programming so I may not know what I am talking about!!) , you should be able to read a .blg file using a c# .net program that looks something like this. (Doesn't work and I don't know why !!) If it would work, all the .bgl guts would be contained in various classes within the d object accessible for you to change and modify.Any other C# .NET programmers out there? Maybe someone can tell me why the program below fails at the creation of the serializer object complaining about missing a .dll each time. The .dll name is different each time and seemingly random. Something to do with the GAC, I suspect...?Larryprivate void button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { ctFSData d = new ctFSData(); XmlSerializer serializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(ctFSData)); // A FileStream is needed to read the XML document. string filename = @"D:FSUIPC_PgmsPilotLogBGL_DumpbinDebugAP917160.BGL"; FileStream fs = new FileStream(filename, FileMode.Open); XmlReader reader = new XmlTextReader(fs); d = (ctFSData) serializer.Deserialize(fs); }

Guest alexanto

>Mr Alessandro G. Antonini has released a long awaited tool to>convert bgl files to xml.>>I have tried to use it but when I try to compile a bgl file it>tells me that the particular bgl is not in the FS2004 Library.Thanks for advertising my software :-)There are only a few BGL files which uses the real FS2004 format - all the rest just seems a re-use of the old FS2002/2000 AFD format. That's my fault however: I will issue a more meaningful message with the next bglxml release. This is a list of prefixes found to be in FS2004 format (therefore dealt by bglxml):AP*.BGL - containing airport entries and anything related to themAT*.BGL - containing all waypoint and routes NV*.BGL - containing VOR and NDB OB*.BGL - containing buildings and some modeldata.All other files named with cities (e.g. SANFRAN.BGL,SANDIEGO.BGL,DC.BGL) contain model datas for that city and are also dealt by BGLXML.Hope it helps.

Guest tomcjones

Thanks many times Alessandro for bglxml. Just keep up the good workAlso Larry thanks for the input.Tom Jones