Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richard_H

Is there a decent PA28 out there?

Guest Richard_H

There is a beautiful freeware one for Fly!2 by ROTW, but I have yet to find a decent one in FS2K2. Anyone know anything different?Richard

Guest Pabra

I fly the one from Ole Egholm, it's the default ms piper28 (not too bad) with a fotoreal panel in a vc. The flight dynamics need a bit of tuning. I do all my vfr in this one.

Guest KenG

While not freeware, the new Dreamfleet Archer II is FANTASTIC. It is worth every 1,995 pennies I paid for it. Very configurable, excellent flight dynamics and virtual cockpit, and it looks great from the outside.Here are a couple shots from the outside of my own repaints. The second one shows it with the cowling off.

You could also try the Carenado Warrior or Warrior II, the visual model is nice, but its got not VC and has a decent panel (at best).Scott

I second that.............. and also have the ROTW version for FLY, which is quite a good freeware product itself. But I prefer the panel variations, the look, and the VC panel of the Dreemfleet. This DF version really comes close to the "feel" of flying an Archer!L.Adamson

Guest UweR

Hi, it works nicely with the DF panel, and is a little easier on performance.

Guest rene_35

Just a thing:The PA28 Warrior is the first plane realized by the french free team ROTW. We know it is perfectible.But, the panel is completly realistic, and the flight model has been test in accordance with the real aircraft (I am the pilot of the real aircraft F-GBTK).Our second plane is the Piper PA19 (F-BOER) and the last is the Socata TBM700 (9 month to achieve it with two real TBM pilots). You can appreciate the progress.Remember: we work at night and the week-end to give you more fun with your favorite sim.Thanks to be comprehensive.Ren

Guest Richard_H

Thanks all,The Archer looks lovely, but it

The Archer is a PA28-181 (180hp). Four place airplane with fixed gear & prop. 180HP. Landing the Archer is much the same as the Warrior (160hp). Power can be cut over the threshold with no problem. When moving up to the Arrow which is still close to the same airframe, but with retracts & C/S prop............... then you can feel the added weight & sink rate, as well as carrying a bit of power through the landing as well as flare.L.Adamson

I've had the Socata TBM700 for about a week now. It's very impressive!L.Adamson

Guest Richard_H

Thanks! My mistake, I was mixing up the 2 planes - I'll give it a try.