Sign in to follow this  
Guest Larrycx

XML sdk building texture limited to table?

Guest Larrycx

Hi, I am placing some buildings on 99V. Excluded stock hangar & replaced it pretty nice with a texture in the SDK texture table. Also placed a 2nd one but want to color it tan. I poked thru the generic texture table in the XML SDK and find that only some of the many bmp's in FS2004texture seem to be allowed. I think I have the offsets x,z figured out as into the bmp pix x,y. There are lotsa textures in the texture folder that I,d like to use but seem to be limited to the table and its texture number to use. Is there any way to use textures not in the table? I would like some with almost no detail but not the strong colors as per numbers 1 - 7 in the SDK table. They are very saturated and have a high contrast.Larry Costa

Guest GerrishGray

Sorry Larry, you can only use the textures in the table. The code for these buildings is 'hard-wired' into FS and cannot be changed.If you want to use other textures you will need to create your own buildings using a tool such as gMax, NovaSim etc. Or use 3rd party buildings downloadable from this site as .API macros.CheersGerrish

Guest Larrycx

Thanks Gerrish,I must display ignorance. What compiler, etc handles API, Airport for Windows? I will try a Forum library search for buildings and api.I havn't had a lot of luck with some searches. I have been playing with Gmax but so far cannot see how to layout a simple ridge roof building. Am I being misled by the tutorial which has a box and a plane? However I havn't been able to move a tilted plane onto the box. The buildings I can place on my airport are generally OK but I would like better colors.Thanks in advance,Larry Costa

Guest Larrycx

Hi Dick,Thanks a bunch. The link led me to a site I hadn't even known about and some great tutorials re: Gmax. I even am buying a book the pointed out. The tutorials I glanced at may not show how to build a ridge roof out of planes or whatever in Gmax but they sure are getting me past my current binds.Larry Costa :)