Sign in to follow this  
Guest sapper42

Landable helopads in FS2004

Guest H_PAUL

Scenery designers.......I'm presently collaborating with another gentleman, creating a FS9 scenery using FSSC, airport, and EOD for the objects.We are in the beta testing phase, and here's our problem. There are 6 testers, 5 using XP, 1 using 98SE. And only 2 of the XP users can't land on any of our 6+ helopads. What happens is, that they land and then fall through.The scenery is in calif, not over water, and we've flattened a hilly area. We have swapped source files to make sure we do not have any redundent bgl's or objects.We've not only added hardened surfaces using EOD, but have also added area16 commands at each helopad.I've had extensive CFS scenery design experience, some FS2k, but have yet to see all the potential of FS9.Any help and/or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.H_Paul

Hi H_Paul.I wrote this just a few days ago:The ASM code we have used for solid surfaces isn't reliable.An advanced building of zero height can be used as a hard surface in both FS9 and FS2002 ( may require airplane crash detection on in FS2002 ), or a newer XML coded airport made with a short runway can be used for FS9 only.Do a search of the forum for 'helipad xml' or 'helipad advanced building'I believe there will be a hard surface command available for FS9 Library Objects, once the new MakeMDL for FS9 is released... the default oilrig object has a hard surface attached to it.There is a LOT of poor helipad code out there, and most of it is being made by our favorite scenery design programs.Zero-height advanced buildings from SCASM, or short XML helipads.... that's it. All other code has problems.Use the search function for the forum.Dick

Guest H_PAUL

DickAppreciate the fast response sir , and I will look into the alternatives.......Thanks again.Paul

Guest sapper42

Paul, i have written a Part 1 and Part 2 tutorial on XML Helipads available at www.scenery.org in the tutorial section that was the result of Dicks and J.R's efforts. Its in HTML format and easy to follow. Hope it helps.rgds Jeff