Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

Gmax?? Tutorials??

Installed the latest version of gmax. Go to tutorials and nothing happens. I would like to learn this program but its hard when it appears to not be working right. Anyone have any ideas??? Im wanting to be able to modify models in gmax, not neccesarily design my own yet. Also would like to know where there are some other good tutorials on using this program.Hornit

Hornit,Is this 3d studio GMAX you are refering to? Is it free? If so can you provide a URL?Thanks,CB

No its gmax from Discreet. Came with FS2K2. I downloaded the latest version from the discreet website.

Pardon my ignorance, but is THE notorious "3D studio MAX" published by discreet? If I recall, several years ago, it was published by MacroMedia? Also, where is the 3Dmax located on FS2002 pro? is it a seperate install?Thanks,CB

Guest Scott Campbell

3D Studio is and has always been Autodesk. Discreet is the offshoot of Autodesk. Discreet also makes gMAX, a game developer's tool watered down version of 3D Studio.3D Studio and 3DMax are not included with FS2K2 Pro. gMAX is. It's in the gMax.cab on disk 3 I think.Clear as mud? ;-)

Guest cwright

> Installed the latest version of gmax. Go to tutorials and >nothing happens..... The tutorials and help files that come with Gmax are excellent. But they have to be installed separately. Look in the FS2002 Gmax directory and you should find two installation programs in the Help Install sub-directory. Best regards, Chris

ok I found everything and after installing and finally getting the website to register me it works fine. by the way I had to be set at 32bit textures for the desktop to get the screens in the program to show the grid.Hornit