Sign in to follow this  
Guest aqui

Three questions about levelling lakes, placing trees and slant roofs

Guest aqui

Hi all!I'm here for three questions ;-)1) How can I toggle a FS2004 original lake and flatten the lake area?2) How can I place autogen trees in FS2004 without annotator tool?3) I have problems with bglcomp sdk designing slant roof houses. The roof have a bug: two textures are transparent. Why?Thank you for the responses.Bye from Italy!AQUI

Hi,1) If you place an LWM polygon you will get a lake with the default water, the area will also be flattened. You can for example use Ground2k to draw these polygons.2) AutoGen is linked to a certain texture, so you would then need to place some VTP polygons with the type set to wood. That would give autogen trees in that area. If you want to place trees at certain exact spots it might be better to use normal trees macros.3) Sorry, no idea here.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest aqui

Thank you for the responses.About first question, do you know if there is a possibility to toggle a lake without flatten and retrieve the true mesh information in the scenery?About the second, do you think that tree macros are slow in performance? Thank you!RegardsAqui

Hi Aqui,Do you mean that you want to remove a default lake and then get the mesh information back? That is not possible.Or do you just want to place a lake without a flatten, so that it will follow the height of the mesh? If I remember correct that is possible by setting the altitude to a special value.It depends on how many trees you want to place if the performance is slowed down. A lot of autogen trees also slow down :). But if you design with a bit of care it should not be too bad.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog