Sign in to follow this  
rudder

EXCBuilder.v2...will create xml but no bgl...

Guest abent

I've been dickin' around with this for a few hours now and have read every post I can find on it. I have the exe in the same folder as BGLComp.exe. I have MSXML4 (3 of them already on my computer). I set the 'settings' path correctly to find BGLComp.exe. I've tried Northwest/Southeast and vvsa. I can get an xml with no error codes, but not a hint of a .bgl.Anyone see anything I'm missing?Thanks, Adam

Hi Adam,Have you tried compiling the XML file manual with BGLComp from the command prompt? Then you could see any errors that occur, these might also tell you want is wrong.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

:D Hi adam,I had this problem for some time,first you must make sure you have oriented you scene to look north.then make sure you read your coordinates away from the four corners,but not to close either.If everything else looks good,play around in this area,good luck.

Guest PhilC

Yes, EXCBuilder requires that you mark the proper Northwest and Southeast coordinates. I make sure I am in the proper position by being in the overhead view and pressing the Spacebar which orients the view with North to the top. This way I make sure that the correct corners are marked.

Guest abent

Thanks Pimwa. I'll follow you directions.Adam

Guest abent

Thanks Phil,That's a good tip for setting up the view to north. I'll give this a try after work.Adam

Guest jzax

Yes I have had that problem with excludebuilder too.With no apparent error, I could not find the bgl, nor the xml.OK, finding the xml was solved by de-clicking the default "delete source after compilation".When the bgl does not appear, it means bglcomp found some error when compiling. Examining the offending xml, I noticed it was that the decimal point of the code was a "comma" instead of a "dot" (in my Spanish Windows XP), and bglcomp got so crazy about that that it refused to compile. Bglcomp.exe only speaks english!Hope it helpsJoaquin

Guest abent

HI Arno, No luck yet...I will try your suggestion as soon as I can figure out how to do it from the command prompt. I've attached a pic of EXCBuilder xml output. Maybe someone knowledgeable here can see something wrong. Still no .bgl. I've got EXcBuilder, bglc in my scenery folder and EXCBuilder , in settings, points to bglc here in the scenery folderBTW, Bill WomacK had a look at my scenery after adjusting the ASM source code failed to correct the problem. I emailed him everything and he compiled it and ran it in FS. No blurred textures. Looks like upgrade time again for me.Anyway, thanks again for all your help.Adamhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/62197.jpg

Guest abent

Thanks Joaquin, Still no luck. How did you overcome the problem? Doesn't EXCBuilder compile the .bgl and xml at the same time? How would you make the change?Thanks, Adam

Maybe you just mistyped it, but you write you have BGLC in the same folder as ExcBuilder, you will need BGLComp not BGLC to compile the XML files though. So you might want to check if that is correct.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest abent

Actually you are correct Arno. I think I tried it with bglcomp before. I will give it a go this evening after work with bglcomp in the folder.Thanks, Adam

Just about to say that - you can install them into the same folder actually and avoid all issues. Otherwise, just copy the files in the BGLComp folder into the EXCBuilder folder - should do the trick.sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest abent

I give up. I've tried everything under the sun. I have BGLcomp in my scenery folder with EXCBuilder. I point EXCBuilder settings path directly to bglcomp. I orient to the north. I use FSC and put in lats/longs in northwest corner first, slew to southeast corner making sure I have a square large enough to delete the terminal and tower and enter lats/longs again with FSC. I tell EXCBuilder to exclude all objects and not to delete xml.I can't think of anything else. I've dropped the xml onto Bglcomp - I get a instaneous flash of what looks like a dos screen.I cannot get a bgl to appear no matter what. :-hmmm Am I using the wrong version of bglcomp?How many of those MSXML4 files should be on my computer? I have 3. Someone said they downloaded 4 of them.I desperately want to rid myself of the default CYWG terminal and tower so I can move mine into place.Is there another program I can use...I don't care if I have to pay.:-roll Sorry about the rant...beginning to feel really stunned here.Thanks, Adam

Guest Diamond Dave

Just to add my two cents - Did you all so copy the bglcomp.xsd file into the EXCBuilder folder? As Bglcomp won't work without it.If all else fails, I can send you my working Execlude.bgl for CYWGCheersDavid

Guest abent

HI Dave, I sure do have bglcomp.xsd in the folder. Ya know, I will take you up on your offer. I'm not going to give up getting this to work, but I've been waiting some time to see my terminal and tower standing alone there.Also, I'm going to ask you if you're interested in installing my tower/terminal scenery and having a look. The reason I ask is I'm having a 'graphics glitch', one could call it, that results in some blurred textures. I had it tested by Bill Womack and he said it had no blurries - perfectly clear. He's got an ATI9700Pro or 9800 - not sure. I've a TI4200. I'd like to see how it performs on your sys. Anyway, if you want it, I'd zip up the textures and bgl and send 'em to ya.Also, what did you exclude at CYWG? I was looking for just a tower and terminal exclude.abent@mts.netThanks a lot Dave, Adam