Sign in to follow this  
martin_ktpa

LOD: Calling a different shadow model

What would be the "cleanest" way of doing this asm?I'm already using two LOD varitions of the visible model with IFSIZEV, now I want to add a even simpler shadow model. Tried adding a BGL_JUMP_32 in the model_shadow section, but this doesn't seem to work.

Have you tried to use a Call command to call the normal model and then let the ShadowCall command refer to the simpeler model? I think that should work.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest christian

Arno is right. If you search this forum with my name "Christian Stock", you should get a series of tutorials, and one of them explains exactly what you want to do. These tutorials should really be anchored or hosted on some site...Cheers, Christian

Hi Christian,I can host them on my site if you want. I will search for them this evening and add them on my site.EDIT: Had some time now, so I have added them already.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest christian

Thanks, Arno.At least those tutorials aren't lost in the 'old forum messages' hell. I hope people will find them useful and there couldn't really be a better home for them then your site :)Cheers, Christian

Agreed. In regards to the shadow model, here is the code i'm using now. One could probably cut the 2 shadowcalls, but it shows how to use varying shadowmodels as well. OBJECT_0_BEGIN label wordmodel_outside label BGLCODEVAR_BASE_OVERRIDE VAR_BASE_GLOBALIFIN1 model_shadow, SHADOW_FLAG, 0, 0IFSIZEV LOD_1, 3000, 1000LOD_0 label BGLCODEBGL_JUMP_32 LOD_0LLOD_1 label BGLCODEBGL_JUMP_32 LOD_1Lmodel_inside label BGLCODEBGL_RETURNmodel_shadow label BGLCODEIFSIZEV SHADOW_1, 3000, 1000SHADOW_0 label BGLCODEBGL_JUMP_32 LOD_SSHADOW_1 label BGLCODEBGL_JUMP_32 LOD_S;---includesLOD_0L label BGLCODEinclude model_complex_0.asmLOD_1L label BGLCODEinclude model_simple_0.asmLOD_S label BGLCODEinclude shadow_model_0.asm