Sign in to follow this  

My final take...

Ok, lets see if I can set some issues straight (I doubt it, but here goes). I am absolutely not opposed to constructive criticism. Never have been. Never will. Actually, I don

Well said, Mike..Thanks for the things you have done forthis sim..the time and effort you have spent is very muchappreciated by me..I fly many of you craft and love them..Please take no notice of the nay-sayers..remember. thosethat can,do; those that can't, criticize..Jim

Guest adria320

Hey Mike,I must say that you are absolutely right. Well I have your RJ85s and A320s and I must say that I am extremely pleased with them. Those guys that said those things are probablly just jelaous.Tomi

Hi Mike,I read most of those threads and don't worry about it. Remember, if 3 people dislike something there are still 97 that like it and don't speak up.Thanks for what you do, and don't let a few posts get you down. There are freeware addons that I also dislike, but I rarely call them out specifically, mainly beceause I agree with how you feel.I try and act like a guest here, and I am a guest to use your software that you freely develop. That is the context that I use, and some people just need a better way to express themselves. Their choice of words to convey their point usually leaves something to desire.Just use their own words against them. Trust me, it works 99% of the time. :-)Best of Luck,Joe :-wavehttp://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

>When someone says something like

Ok Peter. I can live with that. I hadn't seen some of your later messages as I had bowed out of the thread altogether. I was just reacting to some of your original comments which, as you say, got linked in with mine.Nuff said.....back to flightsimming.Mike Stone

MikeI think a big part of the problem is that I dont always make myself clear.Second big part of the problem is that your post was used as a vessel to point out a change of attitude which although protectionist to the freeware authors I dont feel is having a fully positive effect.We used to have terrific arguements five years back and discuss every detail with a magnifying glass in the old Pro Pilot forum...and wth FS95/98But it was different then and yes I wasnt against some one pulling apart projects I was involved in.As for the Meridian I will E mail you on a couple of small points which need attention to what is otherwise a great plane ;-)My apologies if any of my intent was misunderstoodPeter

A thick skin is needed to place anything into the "public domain" where people hide behind silly names like nudata. Imagine if we were all truly anonymous, the crime rate would jump. There will always be those who say cruel things to people who freely contribute to the community. They have their internet mask on and remain in the shadows of the net. They do not cross Tom's boundries so they remain on the forum. If you met them, and had dealings with them, I would guess that it would be an unpleasent experience. We have all met some like them...I do agree with Peter that prefacing a criticisim with many flowery words of praise is down-right silly. Just make the comments in a succint manner WITHOUT FEELING. Leave the emotions out of it and then we have a clean field of play. If an author cannot take a direct criticism then they have created their own problem.Dick Boley38 Manorfield CircleDelmont, PA 15626.Pipe bombs are not welcome

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Mr. Stone,May I ask you a question? Did some members of this community email you or leave messages critisizing your efforts, that left your self-esteem in check? Did they use profanity, and volgar phrases to degrade your efforts?I have not tried your work yet, I will be trying the new meredian shortly. I applaud your efforts, even without looking at the plane.I may be a little direct here, it might be in my Italian blood, but you need to not take things so emotionaly. You stated in your messages today that people were not giving critisim in the appropriate form. I don't think that people here are kindergarden teachers with expertise in self-esteem development and nurturing. Take a look at my post, on the "Some freeware is comparable to commerical" thread. It might shed some light on the subject.Again, I applaud your effort. I don't think anybody here would melicouly try to slander you or your work. ohhh. and keep up the great work.. :-waveCB

Here is my take on this-I have an immense respect for ANYONE that can take the time to model. I have nowhere near the required patience to learn to use it, then actually make a file. Second off, I think Danny had a couple of good points, but he not only stated them in a sort of, jacka**y manner, but he didn't represent both sides of his arguments equally or with evidence.I downloaded the Malibu Meridian, and it was nice, but I feel it could be improved. My specific gripes include most of what Danny said. For example, the visual model seems to be off in a few areas compared to the real thing (see the attached picture at the bottom). On the other hand though, looking at the same comparison, there are quite a few things done quite well. Granted, some of the differences are perspective, but if the request is made I will gladly make some more comparison shots.As far as untextured parts and lack of taking advantage of some of gmax's features, I have to agree slightly. I'm not aware how it is done in GMAX, but I have experience in FSDS and I must say it is not hard at all to apply textures to such parts as a gear bay or struts. Most of the time would end up being spent on the actual perfect alignment, but it gives a greater end result. As far as lack of gmax features, the only thing I truely noticed is the lack of gmax applied shine. It may be on the actual fuselage, but I didn't notice anything other than the prop cone and a few other parts.Now, obviously I have presented facts to back it up, and was considerably more PC about it than Danny, but I hope I got a point across that he didn't. On a personal note to you Mike, you have incredible potential, and as you gain more experience and grow from some experiences like these, I can see you on the top of the freeware world with many of the other giants. Unfortunately everybody deals with these kinds of events, so if you just take it in stride, and ignore whoever says it, you should be okay.And, lastly, *warning* shamelss plug *warning* if you ever have any other GA projects in the works, please feel free to contact me if you would like me to try a POH on that particular aircraft.Scott

MIKE,I'll try out your Meridian tonight. Tomorow I will write up a detailed critical, yet positive :), analysis report on the aircraft and panel.Please leave your private email add.ThanksYours Truly,CB :-wave