Sign in to follow this  
Guest Larrycx

XML Buildings

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey all,I'm having trouble creating buildings with the BGLComp. Could anyone post an example code for me to work from? A simple rectangular building would be fine.CheersDavid

Guest Larrycx

Hi David, This works for me. I got the original code from rumbaflappy. I had tried copy-paste the sample code from the SDK and had no luck. BUt- what migh have been wrongh is that I had opened the SDK document wih wordpad and tried copy-paste from there. Apparently its not plain text like i am pasting into this reply. Had I got i into notepad it may have been OK. Anyhow here is Richard Ludowise's code with my changes in it. I got coordinates with Tcalc2400. Good luck. LarryCode follows. (I have been playing with textures)<?xml version="1.0"?>

Guest wee_davie_2612

Thanks Larry,I think it was the closing statments that I got wrong, the rest looks just like what I already had.Now I just need to figure out these texture index figures :)Thanks againDavid

Guest wee_davie_2612

P.s. The co-ordinates can be in Degrees-minutes-seconds format. E.g. N55 58.4843Just FYI :)David

Guest Larrycx

Hi again David, I have been playing with those texture indexes and even have a question re that posted now. I printed all of the textures with even numbers for their "texture number" in the SDK. I bring one up in Paint or Paint Shop and can look at the x,z coordinates. I have had some slight sucess but a lot of questions remain. The roof textures give little trouble. However how do you know which side(s) of the bldg gets what you give as textureIndexX=22, and ...Y=124. If you ever do find out let me know. I will subscribe to this thread. Why are there x,z,y for window tetures?I set the topy and window layer to zero but notice they are still there but small. My big problem right now is with scale. I want to make a house by making it oversize so I can control more in integer meters. But when I set the scale to .50 only the height changes - looks screwy!Larry Costa