Sign in to follow this  

VCs that would change the world! PIC and RD4 NATS

I am hooked on VCs now that I have Tracker IR and we've seen what is possible in the Falcon and Cheyenne. I would LOVE to see a few of our old favorites updated with VCs - among them:- PIC 767-the only drawback to using PIC is the lack of a VC. While you get a wonderful view sitting on the nosecone of a 767 flying at FL340, I long for the frame of reference a few well placed pillars and some fuzzy gauges provide during landing.- RD4 NATs- I'm feeling pretty nostalgic lately and would love to look around the cockpit and even take a stroll down the aisle. I've got to believe Roy would like us to be able to do this too! Those are mine but perhaps you folks have others...David

Couldn't agree more!When I posted recently asking for recommendations of a good airliner with VC, a few people replied suggesting I shouldn't want a VC for an IFR aircraft. The PIC 767 was recommended, but I haven't bought it because it lacks a VC. I did buy the PSS Airbus though, which has an excellent virtual cockpit.To me, VC's are essential. The RD4 NATS with a virtual cockpit would be the business, especially one to the same standard of the freeware Falcon 50, which IMO is the best yet.I just like looking out of windows, I suppose. Comes from being an estate agent in the early 1990s.

Geofa,No problem. I have a few planes in MSFS2002 that have no VC or terrible VC, and I find the SHIFT arrow buttons work just fine. I still can't wait to fly your rendition.And if you make it down towards Joliet at all this summer, give me a shout.BTW - I found the DC3 Link. with pics from Saturday.http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID47Regards,Joe :-wavehttp://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

I'm with you on the VC & TrackIR combo. Have you checked out the Convair 580? The Frontier Airlines version has a VC with some working gauges (although some are pretty high tech for this type). Don't know why the other repaints don't have the VC, but if you get this one you can swap out the textures. I did the North Central. Also, I just dl'ed a Northwest DC-9 that has a VC. No working gauges but otherwise it's pretty good. Can't remember if I got I here or not. If you have trouble finding it, let me know.

>I just like looking out of windows, I suppose. I do too. And no-VC doesn't make it harder for me. I enjoy scenery but I like to look at it through the frame of a well appointed window with all its correct textures, door knobs, screws, placards, etc. - something that you don't get with VC these days.I like the 767PIC the way it is. Perhaps a switch to more colors would make it perfect for me (those "smears" or stains due to 8 or 16 bit color annoy me more than anything else).Michael J.

Thanks for the tip, Tdog. I will definitely test out the Convair. Cool plane and if it has VC, even better!David

When working with GMAX... Always, always save to a new file each time. GMAX has a reputation for chewing up models...

Joe,I checked out the VC on the NATS. It's going to be tha bomb! I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the tip!David