Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Command Line Help

Guest PutPut

I would like to run bglcomp.exe with a command prompt, but it has been so long since I created one I dont remember how it goes. I have Win XP Pro and when I open the Command Prompt window I already see C:Documents and SettingsPaul Clawson>. I made a folder called comp which contains bglcomp.exe, bglcomp.xsd and the .xml file I wish to compile called liner. I know this file will compile as at has been done successfully on another system. I can place the folder called comp any place but right now the path is: C:Documents and SettingsPaul Clawsoncomp. Would someone be so kind as to write the command line to execute this program; there is some question as to whether my copy really works. Thanks--------Paul

You probably want first to move to the folder with BGLComp, so type:cd C:Documents and SettingsPaul ClawsoncompIn the command prompt it should then show you are there. In that folder you can then type:bglcomp myfile.xmlto compile the scenery.If you plan to make a lot of sceneries with the XML code you could also add the BGLComp folder to your path, you can then run BGLComp in any folder by just typing bglcomp.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest PutPut

Many Thanks, Arno, Would you believe all I was forgetting was to write cd in front of the string! Just another senior moment ( I have a lot of those at age 71). Anyway I now have a cruise ship sitting next to the Queen Mary here in Long Beach, Ca. Carnival Cruise Lines just started docking there. Thanks again-----Paul

Guest PutPut

Yes, but mine never worked that way; that's why I run it with the command prompt. Cheers---------Paul

Maybe yes :D, but I think I like DOS to much for that approach. I think DOS also works a lot faster, especially when you have added the BGLComp folder to your path.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Paul.Go to 'C:WINDOWSsystem32' and look for "cmd.exe"Copy that and place it in any folder. This will then open a DOS window with that new folder as the default location. ( I've got dozens of these copies in folders all over my computer ). Double-click it to get the window.Dick