Sign in to follow this  
Guest fame

Tutorial with overview missed

Can somebody recommend a sort of tutorial/document which explains the "in's and out's" of the different scenery-files in FS2004. What I need as a total novice on this object is an overview of these files:- how they are organised?- the data they contain?- difference between texture and scenery folders?- where are the mesh-data?- where are the landclass/texture data?- where are the navaid-data?In the same way as I fly over the Agaian Sea to learn something about the greek islands I would like to "fly over the theoretical landscape" of scenery management in FS2004. That's of course in order to sometime learn how to work with these subjects myself.Best RegardsLars - DK

Hi Lars:I'd say that the best overall summary is Christian Stock's "Terra Model File Manual", tmf_manual.zip, here in the library. It was written for FS2002 but the basics of the display engine haven't changed. He doesn't cover nav-aids (as far as I remember) but mesh, landclass, and the overarching LOD grid system.Other than that, there's plenty of information in the Scenery SDKs for FS2002: http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...wnloads_sdk.aspCheers, Holger

Guest fame

Hi Lars:Allow me to recommend an excellent tutorial on the structure of the new FS2004 BGL files, by Winfried Orthmann.You can download a copy (.pdf) from our:Design ---> Tutorials ---> Miscellaneous: I hope this helps in some small way, visit the URL below (see sig),for additional ideas and suggestions.Good luckTom G, Sr.