Sign in to follow this  
Guest Diamond Dave

New boy on the block needs help

Guest Frank Betts

Hey Dave. When your in the scenery program. Right click anywhere and scroll down the list that pops up to, 'flatten'. click on that and then again click 'ok' there will be three circles with a connection to all three. just drag those circles around the runway or what ever it is you want to "Flatten". That is your problem the ground underneath your runway there is uneven and you need to "flatten" it so to speak.

Guest Diamond Dave

Thanks for the reply Frank, I've tried that and it didn't work.David

Hi David.Frank's solution is exactly right. You need to place a flatten poly around that airfield. You can make one in either SCASM or as an LWM flatten ( which is what MS uses ).What scenery design program are you using? Airports for FS2004 really do need AFCAD2. But AFCAD2 doesn't flatten the mesh, exclude objects, or set the surfacetype for the Airport background area. FSSC or Airport for Windows will do all the above. Airport for Windows can even make a VTP2 poly BGL to use for the airport background ( although if the area is flattend, a regular textured ground poly should also work ).Dick

Guest Diamond Dave

Thank you both for your advice and help.I have been using FSSC to create the flatten area but for some reason it didn't work. I decided to download and give Airport for Windows a try, and I used the same flatten area and it worked!:-) Now I'm going to try and work out how this VTP2 poly works.Thanks again.David :-wave