Sign in to follow this  
Guest luissa

LWMViewer updated to show Landclass

Guest jimkeir

Hi all.Like the subject says, LWMViewer can now display landclass data too. As with any new addition, it's kind of experimental right now so I'd appreciate hearing about any problems people have with it.Apart from 'too darn slow', that is. I know!One interesting mis-feature is that landclass blending requires the mesh it's being displayed on top of to be of a higher LOD than the class data. However, since LC blending falls squarely into the eye-candy category it shouldn't be much of a problem :) Also, LC is *only* displayed on top of elevation data. LC should be autoloaded for FS9 at least.The display of unshaded grey elevation data looks blocky. It's a side-effect of the colouring system used for the other display types and not easily avoidable without increasing memory usage by 50%.It should cope better with large elevation files, and in situations where more than one DEM is loaded.As ever, it's at http://www.jimkeir.co.uk/FlightSim/index.html .Have fun,Jim Keir.

Guest luissa

Hello Jim,LWMViewer is becoming better every day! Thank you! I wonder if you are going to export the landclass data either as a source raw or as a bitmap. I saw a note in your site about TMFdecompress and I understand that exporting data can be delicate. But I think that showing the altitude of the mesh (or the landclass index) on the status bar should not imply any "copyright" problem. TMFViewer showed these values anyway.I also became very enthusiastic when I saw that you plan to "Implement export of LWM coordinates as a list of lat/long points". You may know by another post, that I am working on a tool to generate BGLs. I have implemented an Import/Export function in addition to the Open/Save function in my tool. May be both programs could change information through those Import/Export.Regards, LuisPS: Here is an extract segment of my export file in the case of a line:[Line.1]Type=0NoOfPoints=10Lat1= 40.0051733106374 Lon1=-7.97235374384882 Alt1= 0 Lat2= 40.006546601653 Lon2=-7.96451117823064 Alt2= 0 ...I have not reach the VTP work and I expect to add at least another parameter to each point - width; also Type, which is presently a Long, will probably not suffice to characterize everything about a line.