Sign in to follow this  
Guest 401RCAF_Sly

USS Hornet in drydock

Guest crashaz

OK so April 18th will come a little early this year.I spent all day reading thru the new SDK'sNow can take off from Hornet with a B-25.:-) The Virtual Navy is close to making it a reality.Hmm this picture seems familiar:hornet1.jpgHornet is in authentic period camoflage and carries AA guns.hornet2.jpgGoing to be perfect for MAAM's monster B-25! Just ask the Bombadier!hornet3.jpgOur CFS2 model... converted it since I know so many have been asking.hornet4.jpgWill be landable and will be able to refuel.hornet5.jpgStill some more work to do... effects at the bow and stern... lights for night and also some tweaking to do.We will make the anniversary of Doolittle's Raid easy this year!:-wave

Guest VideoAce

Hey Jim,I guess you haven't been around for a while. Back on Jan 14 I posted a question related to existence of the USS Hornet CV-8 and got no substantial response to one being in progress or completed (http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=123&topic_id=10899&mesg_id=10899&listing_type=search). So in lieu of the lack of response, I started modeling this carrier. Had I known you were working on this project I would not have started with mine. So it appears as though the FS community is going to have two of the same carrier

Guest crashaz

Plenty of room to have all the carriers we need. Pacific is a big place. :) I also have Yorktown and Enterprise. Was thinking of putting Yorktown NE of Midway and not yet sure about where to put Big E.

Guest 401RCAF_Sly

Hi guys I guess this project is a popular one lolOur group over at com central is planning a real time flight on the actual anniversary (to the minute).We have already made the ferry flight down from Lexington to Eglin AFB for a rigorous training schedule.It was one of my tasks to place a suitable landable carrier at 2 locations (Alemeda Naval Dockyard) and the launch position.You seem to beaten me too it....thank god lol ( I was struggling)Will your CV8 be available for download soon?Will it be freely positionable?If not freely positionable any chance of locating it for us at our required coo-ords? of course credits to you / your groupshouldn't the big E be 2 miles off the stern quarter at 08:00 April 18th lolMany thanks for your effortsSly

Guest crashaz

Hey Sly... drop me an email... I can hook you up with what you will require.

Guest 401RCAF_Sly

Hi JamesThanx for your offer...saved my skin lolI will send an outline by e-mail this evening approx 18:00 GMTCheers Sly

Guest crashaz

Rgr.. glad to help fellow simmers in need. Hehehe I have felt your pain in the past. :)

Guest 401RCAF_Sly

Hi JamesJust checkin did you recieve my email ok?I sent it to sjd20@qwest.netregards Sly