Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoeW

Help..... Ground2k4 mistake

Guest JoeW

I was working on a scenery this morning and by mistake placed a bridge instead of a road in Ground2k4, compiled and went to the temp folder and copied the files to my scenery folder. Started FS9 and I saw I had placed a bridge instead of a road. shut down the sim and returned to Ground2k4 and deleted the bridge and placed a road there. It wasn't but about 10 meters, 30 feet long. saved, compiled and started the sim. Roads there but .... ******* all the Landclass Autogen is gone for that cell. I have done the landclass in Landclass Assistant so it was another file. I don't know what I did but I can't get the landclass autogen back.I have 2 excludes done by the ExcBuilder program, Both are disabled. I have renamed the extensions of all bgl's 1 by 1 and renamed them back.. still nothing.I have turned the scenery off, with the landclass file in the sceneryBASEscenery folder. No Landclass. ( I had the LC file in the working folder) I have dropped back to a prevoious Ground2k4 files and still no autogen. I have gone to the scenery folder and renamed the scenery.dat file. still no autogen.I went into the Application folder for FS9 where the FS9.cfg file is and renamed the scenery.cfg there... still no autogen.I have noticed that the *_5.bgl does nothing. I have renamed the extension and can see no change. I have 2 other bridges in the scenery and they are in place with only the *_9.bgl file. If I rename the *_9.bgl all roads are off as are the bridges.Got me stumped.Joe W.

Hello Joe,This must be frustrating!Just a guess, as it could be so many things, but what are your settings for Scenery Complexity? If set to None, all autogen also disappears.This is an old complaint of many, but has never been modified in the last 3 versions of Flight Simulator.Best regards.Luis

Guest JoeW

Scenery complexity is set very dense, autogen is maxed out. I allways try to place some items so the they can be controled by this.I made a couple of screenies of the said fence and without it... This is what is causing it.This is also the area that I placed the bridge by mistake. I wanted a drive to and from the parking area.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/64813.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/64814.jpg

Guest Regg001

I remember getting something similar . Try to open your FS9 at another part of the world (make sure you are outside the area where you are working (ex: if you work on KLAX , load FS9 at KJFK) . Once the sim is running , go back to your working area . It should be there with all the goodies you put in . It worked for me ... Somehow , when you reload the sim , it seems to load with the cache from the previous load (or something like that).If it's not there , make sure you did'nt recreate another set of ''custom'' textures (a new one that would had replaced your customized one) .Good luck ..

Hello Joe,Did you say a "fence"? I thought that in your first post you had mentioned a bridge?If the fence is an object that you have created and placed in the scenery, it will eliminate all autogen within its visibility settings. Try reducing visibility - V2 should fit tightly around the object, which might be difficult given the shape of the object.Best regards.Luis(And thanks to Gerrish for making this clear to me.)

Guest JoeW

>Hello Joe,>>Did you say a "fence"? I thought that in your first post you>had mentioned a bridge?>>If the fence is an object that you have created and placed in>the scenery, it will eliminate all autogen within its>visibility settings. Try reducing visibility - V2 should fit>tightly around the object, which might be difficult given the>shape of the object.>>Best regards.>>Luis>>(And thanks to Gerrish for making this clear to me.)>Luis.... The V2 was 25... I placed another fence in it thats 3d tubes and box.. V2 on it is 250... the last doesn't kill the autogen. What I did was clean all the fencing out... and replaced that windsock. I think the problem was multi sided... 1. I swapped the SCASM v 2.90 to v 2.88 while the scenery was under construction. This was to accomidate the windsock in the other thread.2. The bridge accident...3. switching the SCASM back to v 2.90I have replaced the SCASM v2.90 back in. Removed all the fencing, and the windsock. The v2.88 was causing all sorts of problems with API's. I have 2 XML socks in now with the V 250 fence and I have all the autogen that I'm supposed to have.Thanks for all your help on this problem.Joe W.