Sign in to follow this  

FS2k2 crash - Win2k crash and FS2k2 will never start ag

Hello,I have a problem! Somehow something causes FS2k2 to crash so badly that Windows2000 as well crashes and boots again. Now it was the time that after my PC rebooted and I tried to start FS2k2, FS2k2 wouldnt start at all. The intro screen comes and that's it - END! No, FS2k2 doesnt just end but the intro keeps staying and the taskmanager tells me that FS2k2 has locked /frosen and the CPU runns 100% hot. So I have to manualy end FS2k2.I already deleted the FS2002.cfg and I as well renamed the folder where FS2002 is located and deleted the registry entry and re-installed FS2k2 all over again. After that I moved all the addons over to the now new FS2002 folder and the backuped scenery.cfg and tried to start FS2k2. Now it gets interesting! All the same as befor. Just let me add that I tried to run the absolut fresh installed FS2k2... That one started smooth like silk. No problem. But after I moved all the addons over to its new old directory the problem appeared again! Now I am getting ######! What the heck is going on? What shell I do to get my biggest and most loved hobby working and flying again??????Ciao, Arne.

Guest firehawk44

The same situation happened to me except that I have the Win XP OS. It turned out my Nvidia video card driver(s) were causing the problems (I have the GeForce 3 card). I had to uninstall and reinstall the video drivers several times before the system finally recognized them and became stable. I no longer have any problems and FS2K2 runs great. Check out your scenery.cfg file too. Mine gets corrupted once in a while especially when I add new scenery. The "Areas" are not in sequence near the end of the config file (i.e., Area 119, Area 117, Area 121, etc.). In addition, the "Layer" does not match the "Area" number of the scenery. I now check this often, especially when I add scenery. It's not enough to freeze your system/FS2K2 but it doesn't help. Hope you get back to flying soon!Jim Young

the same thing also happens to me under windows xp home upgrade edd. It always happens for some reason when i fly in southern california, when am trying to land in klax on runway 25r. First i thought it was simflyers klax, but then it happened to me in denver..take care,Reza Savadkouhi

It is most likely due to an addon. Do you remember which addons you added before it crashed?If Not, reinstall MSFS2002, or remove all the addons. You have to determine whether it is a system problem or an addon problem.Then add one add-on at a time, fire up the sim and see if it works until it don't. Make sure you make note of what files you sre adding to where.Do not simply move all your addons into your folders and then fire it up. You will most likely not figure out the cause if you do that.Good Luck,Joe :-wavehttp://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Arne,Think about what you are doing!? If a clean version of FS2002 runs properly, then you reload ALL the stuff from the corrupted version at one time, what do you think will happen?You have a problem with one or more files in the corrupted version. You need to load them one at a time or in small batches, run fs2002 EACH time you add a file until it quits. When that happens, remove that one or the small batch. Reboot and then try again.

Hi Joe,it was an ADDON causing the hang up. I installed three times again last nite and the thirt time I did a slow failure check by just moving one addon at one time over to the now new fs2002 directory and started FS2k2 after each move. So I found out when and why it finaly didnt wanna start. It was first Lago Assist 1.10 so I d/l version 1.00 and installed both after each other. That worked. Than moving on the next hang was with FlightMax. 'cause I cant quite enjoy FM 'cause it doesnt support FSMeteo, I just uninstalled it completely. Now all works well and fast. For all the scneeries I use FS-Scenery Manager 1.6 So I have a nice and in order scneery.cfgThank you all for the ideas and tipps.Ciao, Arne

Look up, I solveld the prob just like you wrote.Thanx! *g*