Sign in to follow this  
G.Franco Corrias

FS2004 LibraryObjects

Guest draken246

I've been trying to add library objects at my airport using the BGLCOMP_SDK with the GUIDs supplied in the excel document. I am able to place buildings such as the mall, etc but not any of the airport buildings marked AMS, DFW or CDW. If I load them, I don't get any building at all at the location I specify (same place where the mall and gas station appeared properly). Is there any limitation in using the GUIDs to specify buildings you want to place at a particular location? Has anybody found any decent airport buildings in the list? Any help greatly appreciated.

>I've been trying to add library objects at my airport using>the BGLCOMP_SDK with the GUIDs supplied in the excel document.>I am able to place buildings such as the mall, etc but not any>of the airport buildings marked AMS, DFW or CDW. If I load>them, I don't get any building at all at the location I>specify (same place where the mall and gas station appeared>properly).>> Is there any limitation in using the GUIDs to specify>buildings you want to place at a particular location? Has>anybody found any decent airport buildings in the list? Any>help greatly appreciated.As far as I can gather draken246 these are region specific scenery objects. They are coded only to appear in certain locations or regions.

Hi Bryan.You're right.These Library Objects are region specific. MS added some bounding code to these Library BGLs.There is a work around. You could use BGLXML to extract the MDL files. Then you could include the MDLs as part of the XML code to place these objects. ( Remember to have the textures in an associated "texture" folder ).But first, you'd need to locate the right BGL that has the objects.========================================If you distribute these files, there may be a problem. The MDLs belong to Microsoft. And simply "ripping" them and reusing them, may not be something they would like. I never asked them.In the long run, you may be better off simply making new MDLs, with new textures, from gmax.This may be a problem in the future. If we can extract MDLs, what prevents designers from stealing objects from commercial sceneries... or prevents commercial sceneries from stealing freeware-only MDLs? A hex editor is all that is needed to do this.Are the MS models public domain, or must we use them only as MS gives them to us? I don't know. I've "liberated" all the MS Library objects, so I can place them anywhere I like in my sim. But I don't feel I could release them for others to use. And I don't feel I could release a scenery using BGLs based on the "locked" objects. Maybe MS made a mistake in locking them to a region, or maybe they had a reason for doing this. Or maybe it never crossed their minds.Dick

Guest draken246

Thanks Bryan and Dick. I have another question if you don't mind. A lot of the GUIDs have names which are equally cryptic like "haav" or "tx14a". Is there any list around that says what each GUID is in plain English?Thanks in advance.Nathan.

Hello Nathan,For an illustrated guide to all(!) objects, try Makexml by Vladimir Svoboda, in the AvSim library.Thanks to Cesmina for this very useful guide.Best regards.Luis

Hi to all,I found that not only the GUID's objects with a region or a locality suffix like AMS,DFW etc, do not appear everywhere.I'm looking for a small hangar for a bush airport and all anonymous hangars I found and tryied don't work.For example "checker_hangar".Does exist a list of objects installable everywhere?