Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Creating Approaches for GPS use

The attached post has a lot of information about creating approacheshttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=17929&page=However, I have one particular problem I haven't been able to solve. If, for example, an ILS approach is selected through the GPS to a particular airport, loaded, and activated, you will find a new waypoint assigned and visible at the end of the approach runway, e.g., RW17. This waypoint does NOT appear on the Map View. This waypoint will not appear on the GPS if the approach is not selected, loaded, and activated. Therefore, I don't believe this waypoint is stored in any of the scenery files.If the waypoint is not stored in any of the scenery files, how is it generated? I have tried all combinations of the various leg types to see if I could get this waypoint to appear. Without this waypoint the approach path misses the runway and proceeds to one of the missed approach legs.I have several theories about the waypoint generation. They are: 1) part of gps.dll/gps_export.dll or 2) part of fs9gps.cab (gps_500.xml or gps_295.xml). The only way I can get the approach to work correctly is to program a waypoint to the end of the runway. The trouble with this method, is each and every runway now has a waypoint shown in Map View and on the GPS map at all times resulting in clutter.Somehow MS got the waypoint to appear only during the time the approach is selected, loaded, and activated.If anyone has found the answer, I would appreciate the knowledge.Trying leg type=VR today caused a compiling error. It seems the FS2004BGLCompSDK.doc indictes rho= is required. It is actually theta= is required (two places). I confirmed this with separate leg description documentation I found on the web.W. Sieffert

Hi,maybe,not sure, the ghost waypoint are the coordinates defining the runway.In the attached post, you mentioned, there is also my .XML file I compiled for Hong Kong Kaitak,and following a suggestion coming from another simmer I put as final approach leg :TF(track to a fix)and as target fix the landing runway.In my case it works but I don't use the GPS to navigate. Hoping this helps

I thought I tried that and it didn't work. Tried it again today and it worked great.Thanks,W. Sieffert