Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Ground2K beginner needs help

Guest bnick

Luis... You are helping so much... I created a water mask, assigned it and my default islands disappeared just as I had wanted... Thank you.Next I created my new islands which have my intended shorelines and are filled with the default landclass of what appears to be a medium city, which nine of the islands are... They are all forests in the same texture that I show in my pic below...I have tried and tried to assign VPT2 poly's, Area changes, Cell changes, etc. and I still cannot figure out this piece of the puzzle.Usually I can figure these things out easily and this program is suppose to be really easy but I'm having a hell of a time with what I would figure would be easy... Either I'm not as smart as I thought I was, which is most often the case I run into daily, or this baby is really harder to master than they make it out to be... I love puzzle's though...Thanks for all your over and beyond assistance... It's now Luis and Arno in my Hero book...hahttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/65722.jpg

Starting to look very good, Bob!A Land Mask always displays the underlying land class value. So, your new islands are showing the urban textures that are present there.You could try not making your islands as LWM, but instead as VTP2 and assigning a forest land class to them. This should solve this small problem.Best regards.Luis

Hi Luis!In order to make a better island than the default one I understand that I have to cover the default island with a Water Mask. When I do that is it nessasery then to Exclude the default seashore too. That is: Do I have to BOTH make a Water Mask and Exclude the old seashore before i draw my Poly with shore?Number 2 question: If I cover the default island with a water mask I guess it's all wiped out!! How do I recreate the mesh-data on the island in order to get the correct heights (mountains etc)?Best RegardsLars

Hello Lars,Yes, you must exclude the default beach if you are drawing a new island, otherwise it will look very strange to have that beach out in the middle of the water.When you cover your island with a Water Mask, you are only replacing the Land Mask (the island polygon), not anything else. So, your altitude mesh (and the roads, streams, railroads, or visual scenery like airports or other objects) are NOT affected.Best regards.Luis