Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aidi

Round the world!

Guest goon

Hi all,I just set off on something I dreamed of since my first balloon sim on my ZX-81, a round the world tour. I'm flying the DreamFleet Archer, and intend a slightly eccentric route.My (very) poor website contains a few duff pics of the first couple of legs (excuse my sub-standard web skills). Drop in if you have nothing better to do! http://mysite.freeserve.com/Hellish_homepage/index.htmLink is towards the bottom of the page.Cheers,Gareth Evans

Hey, you flew the ZX-81 simulator? I asked sometime last year if there were anyone out there had ever seen that sim but got now answer. I gotta tell you, the first time the six pixel runway popped out of the blank black screen and it went from IFR mode (the only one above decision height) to VFR, the thrill was as great as any I've ever gotten from a sim.We just keep pushing up our expectations.

Guest goon

No, I didn't fly that sim. Mine featured a capital B moving from the left to the right of the screen, while several parameters were tracked at the top. Things like altitude, vertical speed, gas, burner temp., and ballast. All you had to do was climb, move along, and then descend to land at the edge of the screen. It ran on the 1k machine! I was 10 or so years old, and wasted hours on that!By the way, if anyone has any comments about that crappy site in the link above (ie, how to make better screenshots) etc, please mail me or reply here.Cheers,Gareth Evans