Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

AF_XXXX files

Hi to all,I don't have idea why if you decompile by Antonini's BGLXML an AF_XXXX file made by AFCAD2 author Lee Swordy you cannot recompile it by BGLCOMPSDK.I don't touch anything in the file I just decompile and try to recompile it but it is impossible.

The BGLComp.xsd file needs to be altered for AFCAD2. Add these 2 lines: Then, bglxml doesn't read the proper numbers for frequency deletion, so lines like this: need to be deleted from the AFCAD2-produced XML: ...or the correct frequency numbers applied to the code.Dick

I'll agree to disagree on the benefits of adding the two lines to ctTaxiwayPath:I have not seen it used for taxiwaypath only aprons.W. Sieffert

Hi Bill.It's not a matter of agreement or disagreement... that addition is right from Alessandro's documentation, and in fact is needed to recompile some AFCAD2 files. Alessandro actually insists on several additions to bglcomp.xsd, but the new update from MS already has included all but those 2 lines.The BGL is made by AFCAD2 and decompiled by BGLXML. I don't know who added the "illegal" code to the BGL, but there it is. Example: ....You've got to add the lines, and delete the bad "frequency" lines, in order to recompile.Adding those lines should not hurt the bglcomp.xsd, or compilations from it.The default UBBB does have taxilines on the runway, so I suspect that Alessandro's xsd addition is needed.As far as the frequency numbers... I don't know who goofed that up. It may well have been Lee, because he adds those "Delete" lines to the code to make the new replacement airport.The above snippet is from AF2_UBBB.Dick

Hi Dick,If I get some time I will decompile and remove those entries and recompile to see if I see any noticeable differences. I don't believe I will. I think Alex perceives these entries. Since this is a reverse engineering project, some assumptions are correct and others not. Alex's decompiler doesn't understand approaches very well either and give incorrect information. Hopefully, Alex will continue this iterative process to refine the decompiler.Yes, having those entries in the *.xsd will have no harm except for recompiling a file using Alex's decompiler, which requires the entries.I haven't seen any of the individual frequency deletes in any of the AFCAD files.W. Sieffert

hi,If I understood it properly: to edit an AF_XXXX file adding the Approaches,since the AFCAD doesn't make it,I have,before the recompilation to delete the two lines added by Alex's BGLXML.That's all?

Hi G.I didn't write anything about Approaches.I did describe exactly what you need to alter in both the BGLComp.xsd file ( from Microsoft ) and the afcad2.xml file ( that BGLXML created ) in order to get an afcad2.xml file to recompile with BGLComp.I know this isn't the easiest thing to follow, but I told you exactly what is needed from your initial question.Dick

G. Franco,No, if you used BGLXML to decompile your AFCAD, you probably have the extra subelements for each taxiwaypath as Dick indicated above in modifying the *.xsd.You have two options; 1) Delete drawSurface="TRUE" and drawDetail="TRUE" from each taxiwaypath line (very tedious) or 2) add the two lines into the *.xsd as indicated by Dick.My opinion is the two subelements are not necessary for taxiwaypath, only aprons. All my taxiwaypaths do NOT have the two subelements and my taxiways work fine.If the airport you are modifying already has approaches and you want to remove and add your own, you need to add a deleteallapproaches in the delete airport area.W. Sieffert

Hi,I'm trying to install into FS2004 a missing small airport existing near to my house in the realty.I made all airport devices:runway,taxiway,apron,parkings,hangars,fuel station by AFCAD 2.21 and a .bgl file compiled following the Bglcomp_SDK and all things are working properly.So the stock file doesn't exist and making a separate file for Approaches the ATC, as it's well known,clears me only to Visual approach.I thought that if I'll insert into the stock file of my region the new airport the separate approach file will have chances to work.I already made it successfully with Hong Kong Kaitak.Any suggestion is welcome.

I assume in the AFCAD file you have and ILS approach assigned to the runways. I would try decompiling your AFCAD file and see if the ILS indeed part of the runway you designed.I would add the approaches to the decompiled AFCAD file and recompile. Just remember, once you add things to the AFCAD file you can look at the file in AFCAD but never save because it will delete everything not part of the AFCAD schema. In other words, make sure you don't need to make any changes in the AFCAD file prior to decompiling.W. Sieffert

Why do you have your altitude and missed altitude the same? Is this what the approach procedures indicate for this airport?W. Sieffert

yes it is 2000ft for both: intercepting ILS and missed approach altitude because it's a small airport and higher altitudes are busy for military traffic.

Hi,I added the approaches to AF2_XXXX file made by Lee Swordy AFCAD. Following the Rhumbaflappy explanation after the decompilation by Alex Antonini BGLXML I had to clear the file deleting four wrong strings of and the attributes "Draw surface&Draw detail" from the Taxiway section.Now the AF2_XXXX works great and the planes are cleared to ILS approach.Thank you very much for your help.