Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Getting started in SceneGenX

Can someone explain the relationship between the airport location and placing an object? I have tried to place ferry boat (generic ferry 1, object id f468350b4eef1c1bf676c29e9489a49e)on the water west of SeaTac. I made the 'airport location' the coordinates where I wanted the object, with dummy info for all the other fields. It compiles and FS updates when loading, but no boat where I tried to put it. I have no experience with airport, and normally would grind away until I figured it out. I have little spare time for that right now, so if someone could steer me in the right direction I would be most thankful!Robert

I have a Test Isle that I have used with Airport for Windows and now SceneGenX located in the S. Atlantic (S45, W45). I opened the file, selected the Create 3D Object and placed the object a short distance from the Island, compiled and saved the file.I started FS2004, select the Test Isle flight and the Ferryboat was on the water as placed with SceneGenX.I assume you are using SeaTac as the airport location and you added the Ferryboat some distance from the center of SeaTac. I am attaching a zipped file that places a Ferryboat in the middle of SeaTac and another at the Ferryboat landing closest to SeaTac.W. Sieffert

Thank You for the example...it was exactly what I needed. I'm off to experiment! BTW, I have made other posts in forums on SceneGenX which you have been kind enough to reply to trying to help me out. Thanks - I really appreciate that.Robert

Now I have been able to place an object. There are Aircraft Carriers based in San Diego which are moored at NAS North Island. I have been able to place a cruise liner in the right place, but I have no Aircraft Carrier in the object library. I know they exist in the sim, how do I get one into SceneGenX?Robert

The carrier may be compiled in the city scenery were it is located. You might try decompiling the scenery file for the city.W. Sieffert

First I switched to the new SceneGenX 6, which does not need airport info. I don't think that was an issue, but I saw it was available and decided to try it. Then I used VEH_water_eastcoastcarrier as the object. It was not showing...I went back into SceneGenX and noted that the position coordinates were: Sxxxxx, Wxxxxxx. Somehow North became South, correcting that brought success. Now if I could only find some good gmax navy ships...Robert

You put a right coast carrier on the left coast! The shame! The indignity! }(Oh well, do they get a tour of Australia? :-lolKeep forgetting! There is an Airport for Windows and SceneGenX forum at www.flightsim.com W. Sieffert