Sign in to follow this  
Guest jersey shore

MaxScript Error...Please help...

Guest abent

Thanks a lot JerseyShore. You are a very helpful gent! DiamondDave emailed me the updated xml. I've got bglcomp in my plugins folder. I will transfer it to the scenery folder of the project I am currently working on.Thanks again, and hopefully I will not have to call on you again...unless ofcourse I need that file you refer to. That's not the FSXML file is it?Take care,Adam

Guest jersey shore

no..its MSXML..which is on the microsoft website...its mentioned in one of the FS9 sdk's, but let me know if it doesnt compile and you need it...i'll paste the thread for the download on here to save you some time.dave

Guest abent

G'Day Jersey. Today is going to be my lucky day...I know it. This is what I get when I paste precisely what you posted. I open the source file notepad doc, and insert this: <?xml version="1.0"encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> - Gmax creates an .mdl and .xml file in my scenery folder no prob. But as soon as I edit it...Do I need that MSXML, though I thought I got it.Sorry for being such a dunce. *:-* Thanks man,Adam

Guest abent

Hold the train... I got it working, though without my strobe light. I'll work on that na dlet you know how I make out. The strobe did not appear...but I did get an mdl, dropped it on BGLCOMP, it made a .bgl and the scenery shows where it's supposed to be...YEAH!. Now to get that strobe working.Thanks Jersey! I'll opst back if I encounter nore troubleAdam

Guest abent

You guys are the greatest! I got it working. It looks fantastic, though a bit small from a distance. I'm going to look into the parameters. I think you can adjust stuff such as tell the strobe what times to come on etc. I have to go back and do this for my flood lights too as the little bulbs seem to be on all day.Thanks again you guys....Happy Camper!!Adam

Guest jersey shore

sorry im replying back so late...my wife just went into labor with or child earler then expected....but im glad to hear you got it working. Yes you can adjust the effect by going to your fs9/effect folder..look for fx_strobe.It will open with note pad and adjust...but i reccomend making a duplicate and give it a different name suck as fx-strobe1 or something....this way you wont mess up every object using that effect.As far as turning lights off at certain times...their are many ways of doing it...in gmax...when you select what effect you want...on the bootm it wll have a place to edit..EFFECT PARAMATERS...typeNIGHT=1Night being the day1=on, 0=offread the special effects sdk available for microsoft if you dont have it already..will give parameters on how you can change the effect through gmaxgoodluckdave

Guest abent

Dave, I trust your new family member arrived safely. CONGRATS!!! Thanks for the help. I tried strobeh, which gave a little more kick. I'll try the parameters to set it up for night.The sceneries are coming along. 3 of them are very near release. Thanks a lot for all the help you've given.Take care, Adam

Guest jersey shore

thanks...and anything else..well just post it...me or somebody would be able to help you out and goodluck to the scenery