Sign in to follow this  
GHD

SCASM source.

If I am creating the source for an LWMDataAreaDrawPolygons and the LWMPoly3 would contain just the four corner points of the area, is there a another macro which is more efficient than LWMPoly3.In other words, how do I specify that the whole area is to contain water?George

Guest luissa

>If I am creating the source for an LWMDataAreaDrawPolygons>and the LWMPoly3 would contain just the four corner points of>the area, is there a another macro which is more efficient>than LWMPoly3.>>In other words, how do I specify that the whole area is to>contain water?>>GeorgeHello George,I could not understand your exact problem. In any case I post here the SCASM macros that I use for AreaFill LWM masks.Regards, Luis; *************************************; Area01X01Poly.scm macro; used instead of AreaFill 1X1 to avoid crashes (?); %1 = type 0=water 1=land 2=flatten 3=transparent; %2 = column 0 ... 31; %3 = row 0 ... 31; %4 = height if type=0 or =2mif( [%1 == 2] ) LWMAreaDrawPoly( 1 2 %2 %3 )melse LWMAreaDrawPoly( 1 3 %2 %3 )mifendmif( [%1 == 1] ) LWMPoly( 4 1 %4 0 0 255 0 255 255 0 255 )melse LWMPoly( 4 0 %4 0 0 255 0 255 255 0 255 )mifend; *************************************; Area02X02Poly.scm macro; used instead of AreaFill 2X2 to avoid crashes (?); %1 = type 0=water 1=land 2=flatten 3=transparent; %2 = column 0 ... 15; %3 = row 0 ... 15; %4 = height if type=0 or =2UVar( $C0 [2 * %2] )UVar( $C1 [2 * %2 + 1] )UVar( $R0 [2 * %3 ] )UVar( $R1 [2 * %3 + 1] )macro( Area01X01Poly.scm %1 [$C0] [$R0] %4 )macro( Area01X01Poly.scm %1 [$C1] [$R0] %4 )macro( Area01X01Poly.scm %1 [$C0] [$R1] %4 )macro( Area01X01Poly.scm %1 [$C1] [$R1] %4 ); *************************************; Area04X04Poly.scm macro; used instead of AreaFill 4X4 to avoid crashes (?); %1 = type 0=water 1=land 2=flatten 3=transparent; %2 = column 0 ... 7; %3 = row 0 ... 7; %4 = height if type=0 or =2UVar( $C00 [2 * %2] )UVar( $C11 [2 * %2 + 1] )UVar( $R00 [2 * %3 ] )UVar( $R11 [2 * %3 + 1] )macro( Area02X02Poly.scm %1 [$C00] [$R00] %4 )macro( Area02X02Poly.scm %1 [$C11] [$R00] %4 )macro( Area02X02Poly.scm %1 [$C00] [$R11] %4 )macro( Area02X02Poly.scm %1 [$C11] [$R11] %4 ); the next ones follow the same rules; *************************************; Area08X08Poly.scm macro; *************************************; Area16X16Poly.scm macro; *************************************; Area32X32Poly.scm macro; finally here is a SCASM source file with one of these macros:Header( 1 -89 90 -179 180 )LWMFileHeader:cell00macro( Area01X01Poly.scm 0 18 7 0 )LWMIndexList( 1 362 142 3 0 0 )LWMEnd

Hello Luis,What I would output for a full LOD13 area would be: LWMDataAreaDrawPolygons 1,_Transparent_,1,28,6 LWMPoly3 4, 0, _Water_, 122, 27, 122, 27 LWMPoint3 0, 0, 0 LWMPoint3 255, 0, 0 LWMPoint3 255, 255, 0 LWMPoint3 0, 255, 0I just wondered if there was a more elegant solution.Regards,George

Hi George.You could make an areafill:LWMDataAreaFill1x1 0, _Water_, 1, 28, 6LWMDataAreaHeight 122, 27If I remember correctly, we have a problem with the Map view or GPS, and the areafills. You might need to check that out before using them.Dick

Thanks Dick,That is what I was looking for, however, if there might be a problem, perhaps I should stick to using LWMPoly3's.What I have done is written a program to convert the output of Steve Greenwood's FSTFlatten program to LWM format using your kindly supplied code for lat/long conversion and Jim Kier's graphics code and during this realised that there might be some areas which are completely filled, see the rectangular area in the test output below.Georgehttp://www.geo-davison.demon.co.uk/Flatten2LWM.jpg

Hi George.I'm not certain there is a problem, but you might need to do a search of the forum for "LWMDataAreaFill", and see what comes up.I'll look this weekend, as well, and see if I can recreate any problem to verify.Dick

Hi Dick,I did the search, but most of the topics were from about two years ago and applied to FS8 and CFS2.As I am about to implement the output code, I think I will carry on using polys.George

>Hi George.>>Here's a good thread:>>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...13776&mode=full>>The summary is:>>Don't use LWM areafills...make the polys instead. The crashes>are from the map or GPS gauge use. I remember the problem now.> :(>>DickThanks again Dick. This is very relevant to some other work I'm collaborating on.George