Sign in to follow this  
Guest matthias

ATC IFR files

Hi to All,When you load an IFR plan where FS9 locates the file/s that ATC will use to drive the plane to destination?I found sometimes during flight that the ATC uses wrong centers and I'm wondering whether some correction it's possible to apply on those files.

All that data is stored in the AFD BGL files. In theory it should be possible to make new files with the BGLComp SDK, but I don't know if somebody already tried that for the airspace structure.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Fs2004

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

There are no separate adf files except for the NVxxxx.bgl which have the NDB and VOR for a scenery area, ATxxxx.bgl which provide Waypoints and Routes. Other NAVAIDs are in the APxxxx.bglI have not seen a file that divides the world up for Centers. It has to be somewhere but I don't know if it is in the scenery files.W. Sieffert

Seems to be the AT files. I decompiled one and here is a piece of airspace over the Netherlands I found in it:[tt][/tt]

Arno

I used BGLXML, you can find it here in the file library.

Arno

Always speaking about FS2004, I find only 3 files AT.bgl for each region and decompiled by BGLXML inside there is Geopol coastal boundaries.Nothing concerning ATC.Please where within FS2004 did you find this file AT.bgl with AMS ATC boundaries?

Hi,I found three AT files in the eurnw folder. In the first of them I found the information about Amsterdam (but also other areas). In my decompiled source it follows the geopol data.Which version of BGLXML are you using? I downloaded the latest version this week (1.2 I think), maybe you have an older format that doesn't support all commands yet?

Arno

I have the last BGLXML and now I'm able to see the ATC boundaries but I didn't find any error in the Pisa center coordinates so I can realize how and why I was asked to change with Pisa approach when I was south of Rome, very far, surely out of Pisa VHF range.Boh!

Guest matthias

Good morning Gentleman,I think the Logic of FS Center Boundaries depends on the borders and altitude. I think what you found is not the Boundaries of the Center. I think it was the Boundaries of the Airspace structure.I do not know on which files you find the boundaries and Frequency

Hi Matthias,Yes, Christian Stock made a new ATC file for New Zealand. I made a new file for the Netherlands, but because there were still problems in it, it was never released.I think with the XML code it should be relative easy to define the airspace like it should be. But at this moment I haven't checked how FS then uses it, for example will the default airspace automatically be exclude or not?I hope I can do some tests on this soon and I will report when I have found some new information.

Arno

Guest matthias

Good day Arno,yes I meant Christian Stock I think. If you found out the structure it would be nice if you would share the tipps or thougts with us. I would like to make Berlin Radar for example use the real Sectors.In real life you have for example 9 Sectors. 6 Lower Sectors and three upper Sectors. Maybe you can define a Alitutde and Boundaries and Frequency