Sign in to follow this  
Guest matthias

ATC IFR files

I also found the upper airspace of the Netherlands (Amsterdam sectors) in there, so I don't think it only covers North America. I haven't searched for placesin Asia or so yet.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest matthias

Good afternoon Mr. Franco,i think you have wait a little bit until he open the file.many greetingsMatthias R

Guest matthias

Good afternoon Gentleman, any news on this Topic ?. It would be great to hear some good news how to establish nearly realistic Airspace Structure for Europe.Many greetingsMatthias R

No sorry, nothing new yet.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

This is an interesting subject. I don't have any useful information to this, but I hope we eventually get the possibilities to edit the deafult FIR/CTR-boundaries and altitudes. Here in Norway most approach sectors go up to FL195, and lately we have had some changes in airspace around the country. Several thing needs to changed in FS for top realism :)

Guest DannyW

I have other problem with that. I found Warsaw TMA borders in one of the files in EURE and tried to correct it. Unfortunately it wouldn't compile back.Clear decompiled version cimpiles back without a problem, but once I make any change it just won't compile.

Did you get any errors or what went wrong on compilation?

Arno

Guest DannyW

Nope - parsing normally but bgl won't show up. Too bad. I thought that by lowering the edge of TMA to 1000ft I could get earlier handoffs from tower to APP hence more take offs in a particular time.

Guest Tb4jy

Has anyone figured out how to get the BVCF bgl file to decompile. I would like to make some fixes to the controlers in Japan. Like others, i can not get the bglxml to decompile the information from the BVCF file, even though it does make a xml file. Just looking for any update.Thanks...............

I can decompile the file without trouble, but recompiling does not work. I get loads of errors and (with these errors) the BGL is also bigger than the origional. This is the case both when I use BGLXML and also newBGLAnalyzer. So I think there is no decompiler that decompiles the files totally completely.

Arno

Just did another test, if I use newBglAnalyzer and replace the

Arno

Guest Tb4jy

When I could not get it to decompile,I (just for kicks)changed all the TOKYO's to FUKUOKA using just notepad. It kept it at the same size of course, but when starting fs9 I would get a "not enough memory" message. That would always happen at about 1% scenery compiling on start-up. I have 1 gig of ram, and about 37 gig of free space on the H/D. I took the new BVCF file and put it into the Addon Scenery folder and the original back in the world folder. Just to see what would happen. Fired up fs9 with no problems. Went and added the BVCF to the scenery file. Restated fs9, and got the same memory message but this time at 88%. I never expected this approach to work, so I'm not disappointed, but I thought I would let you know what I've seen.

I'm not sure that ATC uses the airspace boundaries much, if at all. I've noticed when flying that under IFR handover seems to be determined by the distance to the nearest aerodrome with ATC frequencies.According to the SDK communication facilities have to be associated with an airport.A boundary is defined by Type (from a standard list of values - ALERT, APPROACH, CENTER, CLASS_A, CLASS_B, CLASS_C, CLASS_D, CLASS_E, CLASS_F, CLASS_G, CLEARANCE, DANGER, DEPARTURE, GROUND, MOA, MODEC, NATIONAL_PARK, NONE, PROHIBITED, RADAR, RESTRICTED, TOWER, TRAINING, WARNING), and a 48-character name. A BoundaryStart is defined by it's lat, long, minimumAltitudeType, maximumAltitudeType (from a list of standard values), altitudeMinimum, and altitudeMaximum. The remainder of the boundary can be a circle or built-up from arcs, and lines, which only contain positional informationn. I can't find a frequency that is associated with a boundary.Clicking on a boundary in mapview lists its name (presumably the 48-character string), its type (presumably based on Type), its upper and lower limits (presumably based on the altitude values) and its frequency. However, all the boundaries I've checked in the UK don't show a frequency. Maybe FS10 will allow a frequency to be associated with a boundary?I note that the type shown in mapview for airspace with a lower level at the surface is "Controlled Airspace" and has a dark blue broken line while others are shown as "Class 'X' Airspace" and have a solid light blue line. Anyone know what Type value is used to get "Controlled Airspace" - it's not obvious to me from the available Type values?

Guest Tb4jy

I've read your post and understood most of what you are saying, however I still don't think what your talking about is what I'm talking about. Let me try to explain this alittle better.If I take-off from Kagoshima (RJFK)going to say Yoron (RORY), after leaving the departure control area, you are switched over to the Area Control Center (ACC). If you fly in and out of a airport with no approach/departure control, you go right from your traffic freq. to your control (center) freq. You can see this on sim-charts for diffrent airports. At Tanegashima (RJFG) you start on the traffic freq of 118.1 (Tanegashima Radio) and after take-off you switch over to the control freq of 135.3 (Fukuoka Control).If you use AFCAD and EditVociePack, you can make the Traffic freq at RJFG become "Tanegashima Radio Traffic", however if you use the AFCAD program to put in the Center freq 135.3 for Fukuoka Control, what will happen is, after leaving the airport airspace, your directed to "Contact Tokyo Control on 135.3". The ACC names are wrong in FS9 in Japan. This really has nothing to do with boundrys just changing whos boundry it is. You won't see this boundry drawn on your map in FS9, as that map only shows airport airspace and restricted airspace.You said that comm's must be linked to an airport... Looking at the bvcf.bgl, I've noticed that all of the "Tokyo" areas have RJTGxxxx (xxxx=numbers)behind the name. I believe that each of these are individual ACC control areas. After doing a seach on the web for RJTG, I'm pretty sure this IS the identifier for Tokyo ACC. There is about 40 diffrent entries or areas for Tokyo in the BVCF bgl. However in japan thay have other other ACC centers.RJDG- I believe this is the Fukuoka ACC. (not in FS9).RJCG- I believe this is the Sapporo ACC. (not in FS9).RORG- I believe this is the Naha ACC. (Which is in FS9).All I want to do is figure out a way to change the area from Tokyo ACC to the proper ACC name. So I won't hear "Contact Tokyo Control on 135.3", but will hear "Contact Fukuoka Control on 135.3".I would like to hear Sapporo Control where it should be, Tokyo Control where it should be and Fukuoka Control where it should be.Does any of this make any sence?

The SDK states of the COM element that "This element is used to add a COM frequency to an airport."A COM element consists of the following 3 items only:frequency: in MHztype: chosen from APPROACH, ASOS, ATIS, AWOS, CENTER, CLEARANCE, CTAF, DEPARTURE, FSS, GROUND, MULTICOM, TOWER, UNICOMname: a 48-character "friendly" name for the frequencyThe list of comm frequencies in AFCAD displays frequency, type, and name which I assume correspond to those in the COM element. This suggests to me that the only changes that can be made correspond to those in AFCAD because that seems to cover all the COMM elements.I'm not sure of the effects of the CENTER type. I may experiment with it later.